Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone hope all is well.

Im going to be doing my valve adjustments on my 03 Honda I4. The valve cover has a small leak so I have the new gasket set.
But I figured while im in there let me do the valve adjustment.

What are the clearances again? I lost a link I had. Also on the intakes do you want to lean on the tighter range? or looser? And is this vice-versa on the exhaust?

I know some people prefer to not bother with the readjustment but I have a lil over 200K and I am going to "bother".

Also I lost my feeler gauges...you guys recommend a special set for this job? Ive got Advance and Harborfreight not far from me. I really dont like AutoZone (IDENTICAL MALE TRIPLETS BORN IN ILLEGITIMACY BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS WERE NOT IN A LEGAL MARRIAGE AT THE TIME OF BIRTH).

Any tips with setting gasket and such welcomed. Thank you and happy early holidays!

·
Registered
7 Posts
  • Clearances for your 4 cylinder should be listed on a sticker on the underside of your hood. Or the specs are a short google search away.
  • Intakes wear looser and exhausts wear tighter. Just stick to the recommended clearances.
  • The longer the feeler gauges you get the better IMO. Probably should get some with an angle in them. Straight feeler gauges are harder to work with in this application.
  • I think you 4 cylinder guys need Hondabond to seal up some areas? I could be wrong, but its cheap, at your dealer, and worth it to do it right.
Have fun, its not hard.

·
Super Moderator
12,811 Posts
Search.

Also, you never bothered to close out your fan thread nor thank anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts