Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying some coilovers but I have a few questions.

Are any of the c/o going to make the ride from stock worse ? And can any of the c/o make the ride better ?

Thanks and btw I was looking at the TEIN SS

·
R.Palace
236 Posts
I am looking into buying some coilovers but I have a few questions.

Are any of the c/o going to make the ride from stock worse ? And can any of the c/o make the ride better ?

Thanks and btw I was looking at the TEIN SS
Coilovers are not built for comfort. The coilovers will make your ride stiffer. However, some coilovers are stiffer than others. I've heard that Teins are comparable to stock.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
well if u are looking for comfort u probably dont want the tein ss...with those u cant change the dampening..so basically whatever it rides like when u get them thats it u cant make the ride any harder or softer

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
well if u are looking for comfort u probably dont want the tein ss...with those u cant change the dampening..so basically whatever it rides like when u get them thats it u cant make the ride any harder or softer
I think your refering to the Tein Basic's. With the SS, you CAN in fact adjust dampening.

Overview

2008-2010 Honda Accord CP2 CP3 Tein Super Street Coilover Suspension DSB78-KUSS2

The Super Street coilovers is Tein's mid-level coilovers damper kit. Designed for light track use and performance daily driving, these coilovers feature both ride height adjustment as well as dampening stiffness adjustment. For race use, the ride height adjustability of the Tein Super Street coilover damper kit enables you to adjust ride height and 16 levels of damping force. In addition, Most Tein Super Street coilovers can be used with the optional Tein EDFC controller to allow for dampening adjustment from within the car console; Tein EDFC is sold separately.

Tein Super Street Coilovers Kit Feature Summary:
- 16 levels of damping force adjustment
- Adjustable ride height drop for different driving needs
- New paint coating for rust prevention
- Exclusive design for USA vehicle specifications (only available for the USA market)
- High performance and cost effective
- Pillow ball mounts are optional (on certain application)
- Available for overhaul
- All Tein coilovers are made in Japan

Tein Super Street Coilover Damper Kit Contents:
- 4x Adjustable shock absorber
- 4x Main spring
- 4x Lower Spring Seat
- 4x Seat Lock
- 4x Thrust Washer
- 4x Bump rubber
- 4x Dust cover
- 2x Hook Spanner
- 1x Instruction manual

Reference: Tein Driving Master Super Street Damper Coilovers Kit, Tein Super Street Coilovers Damper Kit, Tein Super Street Coilovers System

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
oops brain fart haha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone have Tein SS with EDFC? If so was it hard to install and where do you have the control module located inside? This would be for the V6 coupe 6MT. Thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
tein ss is a very nice choice. I am actually selling my custom set of tein ss...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts