Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

All seems well after replacing the rear struts, front lower control arms, driver side axel, stabilizer links, one wheel bearing grease boot, trunk lid, front bumper, engine air filter, cabin air filter, 4 brand new tires, front disc brakes, and rear drum brakes/drums/kit on my 05 Accord with 78K miles on it.Tranny fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid flush on my radar next. Feeling good other than trying to figure out why this abs light keeps coming in and out.

The chain of events leading to this was directly after I popped the cylinders off the drum hub and spent a good 2 hours with just minutes of daylight left trying to get those drums back together by myself(first-timer 🤦🏻‍♂️) lol. I was at work and came home to my dad putting the tires back on my car. Kinda wish he had let me do them with him but I’m not quite sure how my he decided to bleed the brakes and adjust the e-brake. He said he didn’t follow any particular order or look to see where the abs module was before bleeding the brakes. Almost positive he started with the driver rear first. I can’t for sure say that he did it because I did not open the bleeders during the compression of the front calipers. More than likely it was him though.
I pushed an obd reader twice and didn’t have any luck. What are the chances that the abs module is fucked compared to it just being a sensor? Intermittent sounds more like sensor and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Let me know what your thoughts are please and thanks 🙏

·
DA since 1st car
07V6 EX-L Auto
1,773 Posts
...one wheel bearing grease boot,...
I pushed an obd reader twice and didn’t have any luck. What are the chances that the abs module is fucked compared to it just being a sensor? ...
What is "wheel bearing grease boot"? What "luck"? Read the code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just went over it this morning.
The wheel bearing is housed by a dust/grease boot as it sits in the lower control arm.

I tried 2 different OBD readers and both came back with no pending codes. I have read the documentation and it should be pushing something back

·
DA since 1st car
07V6 EX-L Auto
1,773 Posts
The wheel bearing is housed by a dust/grease boot as it sits in the lower control arm.
Google what is "wheel bearing" and what is "ball joint".

I tried 2 different OBD readers and both came back with no pending codes. I have read the documentation and it should be pushing something back
You need an OBDii reader that is capable of reading ABS/SRS codes. Cheap readers can't read those codes, no matter how many different ones you try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Google what is "wheel bearing" and what is "ball joint".

You need an OBDii reader that is capable of reading ABS/SRS codes. Cheap readers can't read those codes, no matter how many different ones you try.
Thank you. I meant ball joint. Thanks for the correction. I’m a software programmer and somewhat handy from my 10 years laboring in hvac. Learning as I go for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts