Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Accord V6 3.0. The AC is not working at all, and the compressor clutch is not engaging. I checked the relay and that is fine. If I try jumping the relay, nothing happens - no click of the clutch engaging. So now I am still trying to figure out if it is a compressor issue, a clutch issue, or some other electrical issue

So here are my questions
- is there a pressure switch that sits between the relay and the clutch that could be the problem.
-I have a manifold gauge set, but of course can't get a reading because the compressor won't kick in. Is it worth while getting a can of R134 and connecting it to see if it is a low pressure issue?
-What is the best way to get to the clutch wire connector to jump it directly - remove the alternator?
-If it is the clutch coil, is it possible to replace that with out disconnecting and removing the compressor

Thanks

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
You should first check for a blown fuse No. 12 (7.5 A) in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and No. 30 (7.5 A) in the under-dash fuse/relay box. If both are good, run a jumper wire from the positive side of the battery to the light blue wire on the a/c compressor clutch

There is a Low/High Pressure switch and it will not allow the compressor to engage if the pressure is too low or too high. you should get a static pressure reading regardless if the compressor is running or not and it should be above about 100psi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I had checked the fuses, they were fine. Static pressure was ~120.

I haven't been able to get to the wires on the clutch without ripping things apart. But I think that is what I need to do next

Is there any self diagnosis on the HVAC circuits? I have read that there is for the Civic - you hold some combination of buttons and press some more and the radio display will give a code if the ECU is seeing an open or short circuit where it shouldn't. But I haven't found anything like it for the accord

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is...I don't have my shop manual w me but I believe you hold off and auto for awhile...it will cycle through its test and blink certain things as fault codes...free shop manual download at hondahookup.com jump on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts