Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed my AC compressor was kicking on and off very frequently. I took it to the nearby service center and they flushed the entire system then filled it up with freon and checked the pressure, everything seemed to be fine.

Now a couple days later, AC compressor is kicking on and off frequently all over again. I used the timer on my phone and its about every 18-19 seconds on the dot. I can hear the clutch engage, then some point in between it's obviously not on because at the 18 or 19 second mark, kicks on again.

Another thing I noticed is that a hissing/pressurized noise comes out of my AC vents while driving. Almost sounds as if something is depressurizing right behind my AC vents, not sure what it is but this AC issue is driving me NUTS!!! Any help is appreciated.

·
Day Walker
39 Posts
There are a few instances when the clutch will engage and disengage. 1. if you are low on refrigerant. 2. To keep it from freezing up. 3. When the engine is at WOT it will shut down the compressor. That said you could have a leak, although I am surprised the service center did not detect it when they serviced your car. If you know it is warm enough outside and the system should be running continuously, I would have it checked for leaks. This test is not conclusive by any means, but you can turn the AC on max, turn up the fan to high and keep the windows down to insure a steady supply of warm air to the evaporator. If it is still cycling it is probably low on refrigerant As for the hissing, it is normal to a degree, but I have never really noticed it in the Accord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts