Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to group but thought I would post this.

My 08 Honda Accord had AC problems it would blow hot air no cold air. I got the guy at Auto zone to check to see if the Freon was low and it wasnt. (IT was a hassle to get them to do it they say they do not offer that service anymore,So did oreilleys. I had to bribe one of the guys there to use his own tools, but anyways saved me from buying the 40 guage and refill kit.Found out the condensor was not turning on when I push the AC button. He said I needed a new condesor motor or rebuild that the motor was out or the clutch had gone bad. Anyways before you buy a refill kit 30-60 bucks try switching your AC clutch fuse. it is under the hood in your fuse box. It had a cold symbol and circle on it and it is the one farthest from you. A simple needle nose plier or just pliers should do the trick. I took the one from my horn that I knew worked and put it the AC relay spot. AC condensor kicked on no problems. AC condensor relay switch 10 buck auto zone. Problem Solved Hope this helps somebody else out. Sorry so long.

·
Day Walker
39 Posts
Just FYI the AC condenser does not have a motor. Compressor is the word your looking for. The condenser is the radiator looking object that is in front of your radiator. The clutch sits on your compressor and is what engages and disengages the compressor (turns your AC on and off). Glad you got it working without costing an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
The condenser does have a dedicated fan to move air over the condenser when the car is not moving. Glad you checked the relay, they do go out often.

Reactions: Raf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the corrections, Im no mechanic just trying to help people save a little money..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts