Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2nd Gear
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO

I'm a proud owner of a honda accord 2009 V6, but recently I have noticed that when shifting from 1st to 2nd jerks a little bit, if I step on the gas it goes away, but this doesn't occur all the time, one more thing I haven't changed the oil to the tranny yet. I'm kind tha scared because is 40 miles away of hitting 35 k and the warranty is only for 35k if I understood correctly

Any thoughts on this one guys?

thxs a bunch!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
36k miles is the usual mark, or 3 years...which ever comes first.

I'd def get a stealer to start looking at it, so you can have a record of the attempts to alleviate the issue you are feeling. Hopefully they could get it to subside the first time around.

at that mileage, doing the drain/fill x3 is definitely warranted. Of course, Honda will charge you an arm and a leg because their normal 'A/T Fluid change' basically displaces 3 qt's. Two more of the same procedure would basically be a 'true' A/T fluid change, hence the 'drain/fill 3x' ...

It's a very easy DIY procedure.

Hittman has a good DIY youtube video up showing how to do it.

GL!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The powertrain warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles. Do a drain and fill of the tranny. It won't be under warranty but it costs less than $30 if you do it yourself. I would do it every 20k or so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The powertrain warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles. Do a drain and fill of the tranny. It won't be under warranty but it costs less than $30 if you do it yourself. I would do it every 20k or so.
I'm also experiencing a rough trans, which started up around 30k miles. Brought the car into the dealer and they did a trans software upgrade and shipped it out. Vehicle drove fine for an hour before the symptoms returned.

Called around to a few dealers to get price quotes on some ATF and found a dealer selling it for $8/qt. I ended up paying $6 a qt with my 20% off coupon, so my drain and fill will end up costing around $20. Sure hope this cures it! If not, I'll drain and fill 2 more times before returning to the dealer. Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty....

Also, as a side note, I noticed my dealer ppw had a note that said the problem could not be duplicated on their test drive. Funny thing is the odomoter did not move during the two days they had the vehicle...:lmao:

·
2nd Gear
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@dead'rolla but did the drain and fill resolved the issue or you still have the same problem with the tranny?

Thx for the replies!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
@dead'rolla but did the drain and fill resolved the issue or you still have the same problem with the tranny?

Thx for the replies!!
I'm going to do it next weekend. I was too busy watching the Bears beat Favre...:thmsup: I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Joako,

The drain and fill cured my hard shifts! So far I've only drained out ~3 quarts and it is much better. Still debating if I want to go back in and do it twice more. Just wanted to let ya know there is hope :thmsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issues, going to try to do it myself.

I guess this is the video, didn't see a link earlier -
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47184

Anyone know if its basically the same between manual and automatic transmission?
I doubt a fluid change at 35K is going to make anything feel better. If you want to change it all find the return (from the cooler) disconnect it. Put see through plastic hose on it which you could find at Home Cheepo. Then start engine twith it draining into a bottle. Drain about 1 to 1/2 quarts shut it down and put 1 1/2 quarts in. Do this until you get all the fluid capacity out of it and your all brand new. Don't let it get down past 2 quarts though as you don't want to starve the trans.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took my 08 Accord V6 to dealer today for slight hesitations when shifting. They are installing new transmission tomorrow. This is, without a doubt, the worst vehicle I've ever owned. Can't use built in blue tooth because the road noise is so loud no one can hear you, rattles like its nobody's business, two sets of brakes front and rear before 30,000 miles, squeaky shoulder seat belts, electric seats that shake and grind when sliding the seats backward and forward, and now a new transmission at 36,000 miles!
I've never posted anything about any other vehicle I've ever owned. This one is a real P.O.S. though.
I wish Honda would buy it back from me!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took my 08 Accord V6 to dealer today for slight hesitations when shifting. They are installing new transmission tomorrow. This is, without a doubt, the worst vehicle I've ever owned. Can't use built in blue tooth because the road noise is so loud no one can hear you, rattles like its nobody's business, two sets of brakes front and rear before 30,000 miles, squeaky shoulder seat belts, electric seats that shake and grind when sliding the seats backward and forward, and now a new transmission at 36,000 miles!
I've never posted anything about any other vehicle I've ever owned. This one is a real P.O.S. though.
I wish Honda would buy it back from me!!!
How did you get them to admit there is a problem? I went on 3 ride along with 2 managers and senior mechanic. Managers basically sounded like they knew nothing and didn't see a problem. The mechanic said its supposed to have slower shifting when accelerating slower, and shifting faster when pressing harder on gas. Which is bullshit since it doesn't happen all the time. I had them make a note that I'm seeing problem with transmission so there is some kind of tracking going on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts