Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two times in the last month my V6 Accord throttle has stuck wide open when I stomp on it.
Both times I was going about 20 miles an hour, floored it and then it would not stop when I backed off the pedal.
The first time I was in traffic, I was stomping on the brake pedal and finally turned the key off. I thought maybe it was the floor pad so I took it out and inspected the throttle pedal, nothing unusual or hanging up. A couple nights ago it happened again with no floor pad. I took my foot off the throttle and a kept going like a bad out of hell. I was just about ready to turn the key off again but it recovered. There was no floor pad. I'm going to take it to a safe area to test this. In the meantime any ideas?

· Registered
5,693 Posts
They are electronic but there is a cable from the APP sensor to the throttle body. I would bet on a sticky throttle body or a worn throttle body.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WiiMaster

· Registered
686 Posts
They are electronic but there is a cable from the APP sensor to the throttle body. I would bet on a sticky throttle body or a worn throttle body.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
It's a "drive by wire sensor" there is no mechanical cable anywhere for the throttle

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update; I inspected then took it to a safe place yesterday and could not get it to misbehave. I'll look into the throttle body and report if anything is found. Thanks for all the advice, it's a stock Accord with 98k, second owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts