Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got rearended by a jeep..
i just got a minor scratch but my car is new :l (bought it new on aug)
well.. the problem is the kid who hit me is..well.. a minor.. and i dont wanna be a dick and call the insurance for a minor scratch.

does anyone know a good scratch remover or anything i can do to remove that scratch off my bumper? :l

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hope the scratches are not deep. If they are deep, you won't be able to remove it easily.

I know you want to be a nice person but the other party, minor or not, has to learn a lesson so I would elevate to the insurance company.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The scratches will come back with Meguiar's Scratch X.

Quixx really works. I used it on my 8th gen Accord before. You just have to work at it for quite a while. I don't recommend using the sandpaper that comes with it though. It's available at Walmart, Advance Auto, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Quixx-00070-US-Paint-Scratch-Remover/dp/B000UVUAFO

But, if the paint is gone or its a huge area, I don't think any scratch remover will do much or anything. For an accident, a scratch remover may not be the solution.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here's some more info. on Quixx. It uses a method called plastic deformation.

Plastic deformation is a permanent distortion of a material, in this case, the paint at the scratched spot. The paint material surrounding the scratch is mechanically deformed so that it flows into the scratch gap and the scratch is filled with the vehicle's original paint.

http://www.5starshine.com/info-quixx-scratch-remover.html

http://www.quixx-usa.com/

·
Registered
388 Posts
I know you want to be a nice person but the other party, minor or not, has to learn a lesson so I would elevate to the insurance company.
^this. Truth hurts. If the there's no dent but the scratch is huge, just have it repainted. Get an estimate on how much repainting would be and if its lower than your deductible, negotiate with the kid for the payment like 50/50 or something like that. Btw, did this happened in the school parking lot?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
^this. Truth hurts. If the there's no dent but the scratch is huge, just have it repainted. Get an estimate on how much repainting would be and if its lower than your deductible, negotiate with the kid for the payment like 50/50 or something like that. Btw, did this happened in the school parking lot?
I would probably just let it go, but if he's going to pursue it the kid should pay 100% since the accident wasn't the OPs fault.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
It's very nice of you to do that, but you should have at least demanded some kind of payment to fix the scratch.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
should have said... hmm... welll since im not gonna call insurance companies.... *pulls out knife... slashes tire... and spare...* ok we r even... drive off

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
take a picture of the scratch and upload it.

·
Should Have Went 5peed
309 Posts
should have said... hmm... welll since im not gonna call insurance companies.... *pulls out knife... slashes tire... and spare...* ok we r even... drive off
:lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahahaha well thanks for all the replies and recommendations.
this happened at the entrance to the csun dorm. i was stopped and waiting for the pedestrian to cross and BAM.

scratch doesnt look too deep.. but it just feels like my cars totally ruined because its so new.. :l sighhh...

·
Registered
388 Posts
this happened at the entrance to the csun dorm. i was stopped and waiting for the pedestrian to cross and BAM.
That area of Reseda blvd is notorious for people not paying attention to dorm students that are slowing down to get inside the dorms parking lots.

If you feel that the car is ruined, then call the insurance company and have it fix professionally. :thmsup:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres the picture. its taken by my iphone so ehh im not sure how good/bad the quality is..

photo-1.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bring it to a detailer and they will tell you what it will take - if its not too bad they will buff it out for about 10-20 dollars - yours may be a little more work than that.

·
Luv My Honda
89 Posts
heres the picture. its taken by my iphone so ehh im not sure how good/bad the quality is..

View attachment 34947
What???? Judging by this pic; I'd say, file a claim!!! There's probably damage inside the bumper too, it was a minor hit but enouth to permanently leave a mark, the only way to get that out is bodywork....

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Minor?

Like under 16?

Dick or not, I would have had an accident report done.
You are going through all this hasstle and money out of your pocket because you are worried how the other driver, who hit you, might feel about you? :dunno:

If you had filed a claim and had an accident report done, you might have kept this idiot from doing this again or something worse.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's not gonna be removed with polish or wax, the scracth is deep into the bumper with groove line.

Basically you need to have body shop putty it to fill up the groove, sand, and do paint touch up on spot or redo the whole bumper to get back to 100%.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts