Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got into a car accident today and need a new front bumper, grill, fog light glass, and a plate bracket. Do you think i should switch over to the 2011 bumper and grill? Also does anyone know the part # for the foglight glass cover? Thanks for your help. I can't believe i got into an accident, she's only 1yr old :dunno:

I have an 09 sedan exl v6 btw

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
871 Posts
Hey guys i got into a car accident today and need a new front bumper, grill, fog light glass, and a plate bracket. Do you think i should switch over to the 2011 bumper and grill? Also does anyone know the part # for the foglight glass cover? Thanks for your help. I can't believe i got into an accident, she's only 1yr old :dunno:

Be happy it wasnt any worse and that you didnt hurt yourself. I was in a car accident back in August of 2010 and my car wasnt so lucky. It got totaled good think it wasnt my old Accord otherwise I wouldnt have been able to get my 2010 V6

·
frainc
431 Posts

Doesn't the insurance company have a say in this? You could ask them, but then they may say 'no'. Unless you are paying for it out of your pocket.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Doesn't the insurance company have a say in this? You could ask them, but then they may say 'no'. Unless you are paying for it out of your pocket.
A generic response to your question is:

No, an _insurance company_ has no say. Their obligation is to pay (reimburse) the insured for covered loss/damage (less deductible). The insured can then do what he/she wants with the proceeds. For example, one can choose to pocket the insurance check and not repair the damage, or one can do the repair work themselves, or one can pay a shop to repair the damage. If the damage is not repaired, it obviously won't be covered in future claims, if any.

If the car is financed, the _bank_ does have a controlling interest in the nature of the repair work, and usually does require that the car be restored to pre-accident condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts