Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I think this should be easy. I need help to get 12v only when car is working from the overhead console zone for a dashcam. is a 2008 4cyl accord. i do not want to route new wires only need 12v with contact on. thks in advance!!!

· When will the mods stop.... or will they?
2008 Honda accord Coupe 6 speed manual
1,690 Posts
I believe you already have a spare12v connection in the headliner. I used this to install my OEM auto dimming mirror on my EXL. I would pull out the dome light/sunglasses unit and see if you have that connector already there as I did.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe you already have a spare12v connection in the headliner. I used this to install my OEM auto dimming mirror on my EXL. I would pull out the dome light/sunglasses unit and see if you have that connector already there as I did.
thanks a lot for your tips... finally discovered a light blue cable inside the black connector in the console, i think holds monroof wiring and or map lights.... that cable has a very weak signal and gives aprox 11vol when ignition is on, in fact when the keys are inserted, and also has some timming behaviour ,,, i mean has a minute or something before fading away, which for my dashcam is not a problem.... of course i have added a transistor or mosftet to source from that signal and power my camera,,, hope works to someone else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts