Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Accord Touring 10AT Hasport 62a's KTuner Stage 3
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What motor mounts you guys recomend for upgrading the stock ones?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
7 Posts
What about stiffness? Because they have 4 types
I would go with the 62A on the upper and rear mount just because my car would be used more for street use and not so much on the track. If you’re going to be on the track then I would recommend a higher stiffness.

·
Super Clean
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
54 Posts
I run 62A top and bottom. Make sure you're ok with more cabin noise. The engine note is more pronounced. Also it is stiffer so you will feel the engine. They do break in over time. Initial start up and idle vibrates a lil bit until the car warms up. Once its warmed up the slight vibration is gone, the sound is not though. Also 62A is perfect for track and street use. the higher ones are strictly more for race applications and the vibrations are worse.

On a positive note the car puts the power down immediately, zero wheel hop and less wheel spin. Handling also improves which most do not expect but the car is more rigid. It is a great addition for power mods.

Reactions: RnS 2.0T and KTony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run 62A top and bottom. Make sure you're ok with more cabin noise. The engine note is more pronounced. Also it is stiffer so you will feel the engine. They do break in over time. Initial start up and idle vibrates a lil bit until the car warms up. Once its warmed up the slight vibration is gone, the sound is not though. Also 62A is perfect for track and street use. the higher ones are strictly more for race applications and the vibrations are worse.

On a positive note the car puts the power down immediately, zero wheel hop and less wheel spin. Handling also improves which most do not expect but the car is more rigid. It is a great addition for power mods.
So would the 70a be good? since i dont drive it daily i just want something that in the future gives me chance to improve i i decide to go 400+Whp But i dont want it full race car

·
Super Clean
54 Posts
So would the 70a be good? since i dont drive it daily i just want something that in the future gives me chance to improve i i decide to go 400+Whp But i dont want it full race car
62a will be more than enough. The fastest Accord “ Joel Felix “ runs 62a mounts. That’s over 400whp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
62a will be more than enough. The fastest Accord “ Joel Felix “ runs 62a mounts. That’s over 400whp.
Correction you mean fastest 10th gen there’s faster 9g/9.5g Accords once again no replacement for displacement 3.5 j35 making 545whp on only 8 psi.

Anyway back on topic I would get the sturdiest mounts possible I’ve ran solid motor mounts and no poly mounts cause as much vibration as those - and after a month I didn’t even notice them you get used to it just like anything else.

·
Super Clean
54 Posts
Correction you mean fastest 10th gen there’s faster 9g/9.5g Accords once again no replacement for displacement 3.5 j35 making 545whp on only 8 psi.

Anyway back on topic I would get the sturdiest mounts possible I’ve ran solid motor mounts and no poly mounts cause as much vibration as those - and after a month I didn’t even notice them you get used to it just like anything else.
Thats HP not fastest time. The fastest 10th gen is running 11.7 @ 121.9mph. 10AT FTW.

Reactions: tc3sean

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats HP not fastest time. The fastest 10th gen is running 11.7 @ 121.9mph. 10AT FTW.
Not impressed. 1000+ horsepower has been done many times on j35 platform and far more reliable than 4 cylinders it’s basic math more pressure per cylinder when you have less cylinders more stuff breaks. V8s with stock blocks have gone 7s in the 1/4 for example.

·
Super Clean
54 Posts
Not impressed. 1000+ horsepower has been done many times on j35 platform and far more reliable than 4 cylinders it’s basic math more pressure per cylinder when you have less cylinders more stuff breaks. V8s with stock blocks have gone 7s in the 1/4 for example.
This has seriously gone off topic. 1000hp K series are quite common. Your point is no replacement for displacement which is true but not what this post is about. He asked about Motor mounts for his 10th gen. I answered and you brought up J35’s. It is a great motor and I’ve owned quite a few of. Actually one resides under the hood of my Pilot.
So back on Topic 62a’s are what I would recommend as most of the 10th gen community recommends.

Reactions: bpods1989

·
Registered
98 Posts
This has seriously gone off topic. 1000hp K series are quite common. Your point is no replacement for displacement which is true but not what this post is about. He asked about Motor mounts for his 10th gen. I answered and you brought up J35’s. It is a great motor and I’ve owned quite a few of. Actually one resides under the hood of my Pilot.
So back on Topic 62a’s are what I would recommend as most of the 10th gen community recommends.
yeah sorry for going on the rant lol. I was going back and forth last year between my touring v6 and the 10g 2.0t accords and finally settled for 17’ I found.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can someone tell me why you'd upgrade the motormounts? I'm thinking of swapping a bottom oune out, because whatever you can see from the left of the skid plate has surface rust. I'd like to get one with better alloy or painted, ionno.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can someone tell me why you'd upgrade the motormounts? I'm thinking of swapping a bottom oune out, because whatever you can see from the left of the skid plate has surface rust. I'd like to get one with better alloy or painted, ionno.
Pretty much eliminate engine movement under acceleration so you'll be able to put your power more efficiently on the wheels

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lol gotta justify not buying a 10th gen somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s no replacement for displacement and I plan on turboing it in the near future. halflander performance made over 500 to the wheels on single digit boost with cams in their v6 accord on pump gas that’s not gonna happen with a 4 banger.

·
Super Clean
54 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
They come separately. You can start with the top and see how you like it.
I would definetly want the one that stops the engine from lurching during agreesive braking. That's definetely which bothers me the most under my current (aka getting there...) setup.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There’s no replacement for displacement and I plan on turboing it in the near future. halflander performance made over 500 to the wheels on single digit boost with cams in their v6 accord on pump gas that’s not gonna happen with a 4 banger.
Maybe with the current k20 turbo, but it’s still new and unproven. Time will tell. But that’s a pretty broad and ignorant claim against four cylinders. This isn’t 1974. B series/H series/K series modders, STIs, EVOs, M139, Eco boost stangs have all been there. Displacement makes it easier for sure, but doesn’t shut the door especially when people are willing to burn money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts