Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just leased a 2015 Accord LX. When I press (twice) the button on the key, it silently locks the door, but does not beep. It is very inconvenient, because even when 10 feet away from the car you don't hear the locks and not sure if you actually locked it.
The dealer claims that this is normal for 2015 Accord LX. I find it hard to believe.
Other 2015 LX owners please let me know what your car is doing. Does it beep when you lock it, like all other cars are doing?

Thanks

·
Registered
736 Posts
That IS normal for the newer accords. However in not sure if u can change those settings. Have u read the owners manual up and down? If u already have and found nothing, I'll ask around at work tomorrow if u like.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is easily fixed. If you play around with the iMID settings screen, there should be an option (I believe in vehicle settings, not too sure) called Lock Callback, turn this on. This setting should be on the same page as the settings to configure which doors open when you press unlock. On the trims without Keyless entry and start, we don't get a beep when we lock or unlock the car. Instead, the horn will sound if you press the lock button twice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I played with all available relevant vehicle and system settings. I read the manual up and down.
In System Settings I have "Beep" = On
In Vehicle settings I have "Keyless Lock Answer Back" = On
"Key and Remote Unlock Mode" = "Driver Door"
I don't know what else I can set.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It must have. I have a key with three buttons "Lock", "Unlock" and "Trunk". If I can lock and unlock the car without placing the key in the lock it must beep (honk) and tell you if it actually locked(one honk) or it did not (two or three honks). Otherwise it's a security problem in my opinion and insurance companies should take notice..

Please ask. I would appreciate it. It is really inconvenient and completely unexpected for me. it's very strange, that a car that has a lot of advanced technology does not have such a simple thing.

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmm, thats very interesting. I'd definitely have your dealer look at it then. Out of curiosity, your horn works right? :grin

Edit: I am absolutely sure the 2014 LX has this feature as I've personally used it many times and seeing as you have the appropriate setting, "Keyless Lock Answer Back" = On, you should too. Maybe try with another one of the dealer's accords to show them that it should be a working feature?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tested my horn multiple times. It works.
The dealer's service department claims that all 2015 Accord LXs do not honk when locked. They DO NOT want even try other Accords. I also called Honda Customer Service 800 phone number. They called the dealer (he-he), received the same answer and did not even try to investigate further. It's a vicious circle. What would be my other options to try? It's very inconvenient not to hear the answer (honk) back from the car that it is locked.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you pressing the lock button twice? I have to press it twice on my 2014 Touring to get the beep feedback that it's locked.

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,014 Posts
I tested my horn multiple times. It works.
The dealer's service department claims that all 2015 Accord LXs do not honk when locked. They DO NOT want even try other Accords. I also called Honda Customer Service 800 phone number. They called the dealer (he-he), received the same answer and did not even try to investigate further. It's a vicious circle. What would be my other options to try? It's very inconvenient not to hear the answer (honk) back from the car that it is locked.

Thanks
Someone with a 2014 LX make a video for this fella so he can show the service department.

Alternatively, you could find another dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I did a little research, and it appears that many cars have this feature to confirm that the car alarm has been alarmed. Basically, it's the alarm system that honks the horn on the second press. Maybe your alarm system isn't working? Easy way to check is to go somewhere secluded (so you don't bother neighbors) or a parking lot, lower one of your windows down, lock the car and then try to manually release the lock using your fingers. If your alarm system works, then the car should immediately alarm and honk the horn/flash the lights. If it doesn't, then you've found your culprit.

Also, not sure if the panic button performs the same function which is why I suggest you try the method above to test your alarm system.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Make sure the hood and trunk are shut completely. If one of those is not shut completely it will not honk the horn either.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
^^ This. Open and close all doors, trunk and hood. If that doesn't work, check the connections on both of the horn units under the hood. Maybe one of them isn't connected properly. I think the chirp only activates one "side" of the horn. You may have noticed of one side wasn't working as I'd imagine the sound would be a bit off, but worth a look.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Make sure the hood and trunk are shut completely. If one of those is not shut completely it will not honk the horn either.
This is your answer, op. When I got my car from the dealer, they didn't have the hood completely closed. Drove around for a few days thinking the car didn't beep when you locked it. Make sure the hood is completely closed. Check other doors as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you very much, HondaBonda. I did the test you suggested and found out that when I am opening the locked car by fingers through the lowered driver window, the car does not react. It just opens the door. So it is the alarm system! The panic button on the key does work.

I could not find any settings in the menus that are related to the alarm behavior. Is it something that is not configurable?
Is it something I need to go to with to the dealer?

Thanks again.

PS. I am sorry for misleading info. After I opened the hood and closed it tight, the alarm system started to work. I see a red light flashing on the dashboard when the car is locked and also when I open manually the lock through the lowered window, it activates the alarm. So the alarm system is working properly. It leaves me at the same point where I was...

I checked the hood (this started my alarm system working) and also all the doors and the trunk are for sure locked. Still no beeping....

·
Registered
558 Posts
My 2014 LX DOES NOT beep when the "Lock" button is pushed once.

If it is pushed TWICE, it DOES beep with the second push of the "Lock" button.

I prefer it this way, as I don't always want to have a beep just because I locked the door. If I'm that unsure whether or not I locked it, I have the option for a beep by pushing lock a second time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THANKS TO ALL!
I GOT IT WORKING!
After I closed the hood really good (when I got it from the dealership it was not fully closed) and I pressed the lock button on the key twice the car finally replied to me!

Thanks to all for your help.
Consider this thread closed.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glad you figured it out. Might be a good idea to check if the hood bumpers on the radiator core support are adjusted properly. If the hood is difficult to close and open, the bumpers may be too high for some reason. Look at the hood and fender and make sure the hood is not higher than the edge of the fender. If it is, open the hood and turn the two rubber bumpers a 1/2 turn or so then check the hood/fender alignment.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts