Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2011 EX-L NAV 3.5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did someone check timing and valve lash...
hey wat up MrRangerZr1.
Yes the timing were checked twice and the valves were adjusted and rechecked twice to be sure. I did a smoke test and found a leaking o ring for # 5 cylinder and the EGR valve was leaking also. O ring and EGR valve were both replaced. Fuel trims are still off. But better. #2 bank is in the negative. Will keep an eye on things for a couple of days. But i must say that is weird is that # 4 cylinder had no misfires, # 5 had 41 misfires and # 6 cylinder had 8 misfires after the items were replaced.

·
Registered
2011 EX-L NAV 3.5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
To anyone with ideas. I am still having problems with my car(2011 accord 3.5) with cold start misfires on bank # 2 and the fuel trims on bank 2 were -10.9 on short term and -9.4 on long term. The eng temp at the time of fuel trim reading was 195. The engine light comes on periodically but if you turn off the car for about 3 second and restart the light is off. The car still runs very rough. Like mention earlier, I checked timing, adjusted valves, new plugs, new injectors,compression test(all cylinders 195-205 psi), leak down test ok, checked coils, new VVT solenoid. had software update on car, bank #2 new O2 sensor, checked for vacuum leaks with smoke test, new EGR valve, cleaned battery ground cables. Does anyone know what controls the fuel trims and why it is in the negative % only on bank # 2.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,640 Posts
Could it be related to a faulty coolant temp sensor or idle air control valve? Either or both affect fuel delivery.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
983 Posts
Could it be related to a faulty coolant temp sensor or idle air control valve? Either or both affect fuel delivery.
No IAC valve.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
To anyone with ideas. I am still having problems with my car(2011 accord 3.5) with cold start misfires on bank # 2 and the fuel trims on bank 2 were -10.9 on short term and -9.4 on long term. The eng temp at the time of fuel trim reading was 195. The engine light comes on periodically but if you turn off the car for about 3 second and restart the light is off. The car still runs very rough. Like mention earlier, I checked timing, adjusted valves, new plugs, new injectors,compression test(all cylinders 195-205 psi), leak down test ok, checked coils, new VVT solenoid. had software update on car, bank #2 new O2 sensor, checked for vacuum leaks with smoke test, new EGR valve, cleaned battery ground cables. Does anyone know what controls the fuel trims and why it is in the negative % only on bank # 2.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Ok, -10.9 plus -9.4 puts you at -20.3%. that means the ECM, in response to the A/F readings, is removing a little over 20% of the base fuel map. 20% less fuel is making the A/F sensor read correctly. Something is adding fuel to bank 2. Leaking injector(s) is the first thing that comes to mind. OR the A/F sensor is wacked.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts