Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have taken a few lessons in the school of hard knocks figuring out how to upgrade my accord car audio system in my 2019 Touring Accord. Along the way of doing research and getting help from several people on facebook (Thank you!) have learned pretty much all the different configuration options available to upgrading your stereo for base and sport models along with touring. Took a lot of video and hopefully this is helpful to other down the roade.

Here is the first part of my install, talking about all the different options available, ie speaker upgrade, broken down into mids, tweeters and stock sub if applicable. Also speak toward those just wanting to add a subwoofer along with those wanting to add an amplifier. Show how to take your interior apart and where to drill for a power wire, tap for a remote wire, ground wire and also how to solder and crimp 0 gauge wire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have taken a few lessons in the school of hard knocks figuring out how to upgrade my accord car audio system in my 2019 Touring Accord. Along the way of doing research and getting help from several people on facebook (Thank you!) have learned pretty much all the different configuration options available to upgrading your stereo for base and sport models along with touring. Took a lot of video and hopefully this is helpful to other down the roade.

Here is the first part of my install, talking about all the different options available, ie speaker upgrade, broken down into mids, tweeters and stock sub if applicable. Also speak toward those just wanting to add a subwoofer along with those wanting to add an amplifier. Show how to take your interior apart and where to drill for a power wire, tap for a remote wire, ground wire and also how to solder and crimp 0 gauge wire.

Good video. A little long but, the process of installing new audio equipment is a lengthy task so, I get it. Do another one when you do the actual install of equipment. I should have done it or least taken some good pics.

I have the Sport 2.0 so, it is a little easier because one doesn't have to deal with the factory amps that are in the Touring model.

Word of advice to those thinking about an upgrade. Do it right the first time. I first added a sub/amp. wasn't satisfied so i added new speakers. Still not satisfied so, a month later added a 4ch amp to those front speakers. Still not satisfied so, changed out front speakers and amp to better speakers/amp. Still NOT satisfied, Geez! Went back in and changed out the subwoofer and added a dsp. Hopefully I'm done. Oh BTW, don't forget to sound deaden front doors and at least trunk lid.

·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already revisiting one decision. Picked up a set of new dedicated mids. Went from a humble upgrade to going after my best car audio setup I've had. Picks of the wiring in progress and then with the seats up.

·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good I was inspired to get some foam tape before putting in my orion hcca mids. Also mounted the bass knob today and repaired the led I snapped off while disassembling the knob.

Attachments

·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a video on how to pull the front door panels and install an aftermarket set of components up front along with running your own speaker wire.

One more video will be coming for the rear speakers and fabricating the brackets to mount the amps against.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts