Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a new Accord but I'm stuck on color choices.

I've had two black ones and they are beautiful when clean but I get pretty fanatical about keeping them clean and without swirls. Lots of work.

I like the dark blue but it isn't available in the Touring model. The Modern Steel Metallic is nice but it would be nice a shade or two darker. The modern steel metallic looks like it has a touch of pink/rose/purple in it to me too. Is it just me or do others see this too?

Anyone with Modern Steel Metallic.... How do you like it? Would you choose it again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have MSM, so far I like it. I only had 2 choice, either MSM or black for the 2013 sport. Black paint is really hard to maintain especially on cars, plus I like the metallic look.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have the MSM with black interior. You are correct, depending on the light and angle, it does have a somewhat purple/blue tint to it. Much easier to keep clean than black or white models. I almost purchased a black on black version when the dealer delivery transport pulled up with an unexpected MSM EX L V6 on board. End of story for me. Glad I made the switch before signing off on the deal.

·
Tampa FL
374 Posts
Anyone with Modern Steel Metallic.... How do you like it? Would you choose it again?

Thanks!
I also have the MSM and it's the best color, you almost never notice if it is dirty unless you are up close.
I have never seen the purple you mention.

·
Kevin
11 Posts
I have the MSM, I only had four choices for the EX-L, Black, White, Hematite and MSM. My first choice was the Hematite, but it wasn't available (I purchased my Accord as part of the 2013 clear out). I am glad I went with the MSM, I am very pleased with the colour choice. I really like it. It is common, and does show the salt from the road, but the salt washed off regularly so it really isn't an issue. BTW, the salt shows on every colour, except the white, but then the other dirt shows.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It's the best color but it's also fairly common (in my neck of the woods)
I have the MSM, I only had four choices for the EX-L, Black, White, Hematite and MSM. My first choice was the Hematite, but it wasn't available (I purchased my Accord as part of the 2013 clear out). I am glad I went with the MSM, I am very pleased with the colour choice. I really like it. It is common, and does show the salt from the road, but the salt washed off regularly so it really isn't an issue. BTW, the salt shows on every colour, except the white, but then the other dirt shows.
IMO all the colors, except the Hematite, seem to be in abundance in most areas. The difference I've found is how well you keep it clean. If you use the BF products and follow the detailing instructions posted by glen e. yours will stand out from all the rest. I've had other MSM owners ask if I had the dealer do something special at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MSM on black or Lt Grey?? What interior do you prefer?

I think the only avail interior color for the touring is the grey. Personally I like the black, but....

Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
White Orchid Pearl FTW! :yes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
My coupe is MSM. I like the metallic finish over a pearl as there are more "flakes" in the paint to catch light. When its clean, it really pops.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I like the MSM on black. My windows aren't tinted really dark and the black interior reflects less light and makes it somewhat more difficult to see inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
547 Posts
IMO all the colors, except the Hematite, seem to be in abundance in most areas. The difference I've found is how well you keep it clean. If you use the BF products and follow the detailing instructions posted by glen e. yours will stand out from all the rest. I've had other MSM owners ask if I had the dealer do something special at the time of purchase.
+1 Keep it clean and shiny, use a sealant, and your color will stand out....I had a '03 Graphite Pearl Accord for 10 years, saw the MSM, I liked it, but when I went to the showroom, they had a red accord just so shiny..fell in love with the color right there..lol

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
MSM is very attractive and it does a fair job of hiding dust, which is important out here in the Southwest. I'm a little color blind, so I don't see the "pink/rose/purple" that you and other speak of.

Colors similar to MSM are pretty common here, too, but not all charcoal gray cars look as good as MSM.

I've gotten quite a few compliments on the color.

·
Registered
481 Posts
for those of us who love black, but swear never to buy another one the MSM is a good choice. Its still dark & has that sporty look, but should be easier to care and show less dirt and sins vs. black. Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
842 Posts
My last car was gray, so I was hesitant to get another one that was so close in color, but my options were limited since I wanted a manual sedan. Given the option, I would have preferred blue or San Marino red because I don't like how most cars on the road are black, white, or somewhere in the middle. Having said that, MSM will probably age better, and the metallic specks give it a lot of character and save it from being bland. I've also never noticed the purple/pink hue. All in all, I'm happy with my choice.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I'm interested in a new Accord but I'm stuck on color choices.

I've had two black ones and they are beautiful when clean but I get pretty fanatical about keeping them clean and without swirls. Lots of work.

I like the dark blue but it isn't available in the Touring model. The Modern Steel Metallic is nice but it would be nice a shade or two darker. The modern steel metallic looks like it has a touch of pink/rose/purple in it to me too. Is it just me or do others see this too?

Thanks!
The purple undertone is why in the end I went with ASM and not MSM. It just stuck out too much to me.

I too wanted the Blue or White but it is not available on the M6... :headbash:

Jay

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Haha I think you can use lots of different car sealants and waxes, you don't just need to use "BlackFire" products! Nowhere is there more marketing claims than with automotive detail products. I've bought a lot of different sealants and I've decided that they are basically all the same and you should just get a decent one and not pay too much for it. I like Collinite 451 or Duragloss.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I have the MSM with black interior. You are correct, depending on the light and angle, it does have a somewhat purple/blue tint to it. Much easier to keep clean than black or white models. I almost purchased a black on black version when the dealer delivery transport pulled up with an unexpected MSM EX L V6 on board. End of story for me. Glad I made the switch before signing off on the deal.
Haha I think you can use lots of different car sealants and waxes, you don't just need to use "BlackFire" products! Nowhere is there more marketing claims than with automotive detail products. I've bought a lot of different sealants and I've decided that they are basically all the same and you should just get a decent one and not pay too much for it. I like Collinite 451 or Duragloss.

Careful, Marty. You are treading on sacred ground. There are a lot of diciples out there that will get bent if you do one of the following:

* Suggest there are better products than what Glen E recemmonds.
* Suggest that you or someone else may be a better detailer than Glen E.

Jay

1 - 20 of 67 Posts