Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a frustrating issue with my power-folding mirror. It's not working the way it's supposed to.
On ignition, the mirror folds out, but up to ten seconds later it folds back in whether I'm in motion or idle.
Then I have to manually use my hands to open them.
On ignition off it doesn't fold in, so I either manually fold them in, or turn on the ignition a second time for it to fold in.

I'm looking for a non-destructive solution that involves them working the way they are supposed to. Any help or guides would be appreciated.

I'm contemplating buying a new mirror assembly.

·
Turbo lag
2,029 Posts
Sounds like there a range switch or something that the motor is tripping. I'm not sure how much help we'll be since the USDM cars did not get power folding mirrors.

Edit: You should search and see if there is a reset procedure in for the power folding mirror and try that first.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,409 Posts
^^^ This. I've noticed in Europe, that the Accord is an Acura TSX. The North American Accord, I believe, is unique to that continent. That may the case in Nigeria too. You might check with the members here Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum if the TSX members have that problem. Best of luck!

Reactions: KW2004Accord
1 - 4 of 4 Posts