Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, many people. Read the threads.
Thanks for being so helpful. Why bother responding to a post knowing that you wouldn't be answering it? I'm asking for help and you tell me to read through hundreds of posts to try and figure out who purchased their lights from this seller. Unreal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't really have experience with these, but I did contact the seller regarding the item about a year ago asking if I already had the headlights purchased (figured I could get them from a genuine honda parts website for cheaper) that he'd be able to sell me just the harness by itself. Then I asked again about last month if they functioned as DRLs and he replied right away. So if you do indeed have questions about the product, they at least have been responsive to me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
IMO, it's not worth it for $800+. For that much money, you should be looking at getting the LED lights of the Touring or get a spare set of V6 headlights and do an HID retrofit from an S2000 projector. It'll cost you a pretty penny but, the HIDs will look good if they're retrofitted from an S2000 or TL.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO, it's not worth it for $800+. For that much money, you should be looking at getting the LED lights of the Touring or get a spare set of V6 headlights and do an HID retrofit from an S2000 projector. It'll cost you a pretty penny but, the HIDs will look good if they're retrofitted from an S2000 or TL.
Thank you. Since the car is a lease I'm trying to spend as little as possible and I know even going the eBay route is a little silly, but I love the led look. My goal is to be purchase an oem light kit that is simple plug and play. I worry about possible issues with aftermarket lights down the road which is why I'd prefer this type of set up. The seller did answer me stating that they are simple plug and play which brings me back to why I asked about current owners of these particular lights. I checked his feedback to see if I could cross reference some members but names are not visible anymore since eBay changed their policy. Since I would not attempt this on my own I'm looking for a simple setup and this seems like the perfect fit for me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thank you. Since the car is a lease I'm trying to spend as little as possible and I know even going the eBay route is a little silly, but I love the led look. My goal is to be purchase an oem light kit that is simple plug and play. I worry about possible issues with aftermarket lights down the road which is why I'd prefer this type of set up. The seller did answer me stating that they are simple plug and play which brings me back to why I asked about current owners of these particular lights. I checked his feedback to see if I could cross reference some members but names are not visible anymore since eBay changed their policy. Since I would not attempt this on my own I'm looking for a simple setup and this seems like the perfect fit for me.
I'm on the same boat, as my EX is leased. Personally, I'd spend the money on a stereo upgrade instead of messing with a headlight swap.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Thanks for being so helpful. Why bother responding to a post knowing that you wouldn't be answering it? I'm asking for help and you tell me to read through hundreds of posts to try and figure out who purchased their lights from this seller. Unreal.
You said yourself that you've seen "tons of threads" about retrofitting the headlights. So do yourself a favor and READ the threads instead of just asking someone to spoon feed you. It's not actually "unreal." If you did a simple google search for driveaccord.net + (whatever it is you're trying to look up) you'd have the answer quicker than you would if someone decided to dig up the information for you. In this case I'd type DriveAccord.net eBay headlight harness. Give it a shot, champ.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You said yourself that you've seen "tons of threads" about retrofitting the headlights. So do yourself a favor and READ the threads instead of just asking someone to spoon feed you. It's not actually "unreal." If you did a simple google search for driveaccord.net + (whatever it is you're trying to look up) you'd have the answer quicker than you would if someone decided to dig up the information for you. In this case I'd type DriveAccord.net eBay headlight harness. Give it a shot, champ.
If you actually READ my post you would have understood that I specifically asked about these eBay lights and if anyone specifically had purchased them. I don't need to be spoon fed by you. I've been a member of this forum way before you so if it's a problem answering a question feel free to keep moving past it. Especially if it does not even pertain to you. Champ.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you considered the cost of leasing a V6 over the I4? IMO it's a big waste of money on a lease.
The dealership where I leased it only had the i4 in my favorite color, still night pearl which was fine with me. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that once again, the 4cyl got the short end of the stick by not coming with the led's. It's kind of sad considering a hyundai elantra comes with the strips. I'd love to know what they are thinking when it comes to certain features.

·
Blinded by the light
1,754 Posts
The dealership where I leased it only had the i4 in my favorite color, still night pearl which was fine with me. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that once again, the 4cyl got the short end of the stick by not coming with the led's. It's kind of sad considering a hyundai elantra comes with the strips. I'd love to know what they are thinking when it comes to certain features.
Money :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Maybe I'm jaded after having a V6 for over a year now, but I don't really see what's so special about the LED DRLs. I liked em at first, but now they bug me because they look dated compared to newer cars with solid LED strips. The 6 individual LEDs looked great on the Audi A6 5-6 years ago, but now they just look old. Plus, they clash horribly with the prehistoric halogen low beams.

I guess if you really want LEDs, you could buy some solid LED strips that fit into your headlights and then wire them up to be DRLs. That would be much cheaper than buying the V6 headlights, anyway.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe I'm jaded after having a V6 for over a year now, but I don't really see what's so special about the LED DRLs. I liked em at first, but now they bug me because they look dated compared to newer cars with solid LED strips. The 6 individual LEDs looked great on the Audi A6 5-6 years ago, but now they just look old. Plus, they clash horribly with the prehistoric halogen low beams.

I guess if you really want LEDs, you could buy some solid LED strips that fit into your headlights and then wire them up to be DRLs. That would be much cheaper than buying the V6 headlights, anyway.
Funny, I want them and you hate them. I didn't realize they were that antiquated looking. Thanks, you convinced me to keep what I have. Now, what else can I do? lol

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
If you actually READ my post you would have understood that I specifically asked about these eBay lights and if anyone specifically had purchased them. I don't need to be spoon fed by you. I've been a member of this forum way before you so if it's a problem answering a question feel free to keep moving past it. Especially if it does not even pertain to you. Champ.

I did READ your post. That's why I responded to it. While it may have been a crass response, it was actually encouragement to do some READING yourself.

Refer to your original post. You actually DIDN'T ask if anyone had purchased those specific lights. You asked if anyone had dealt with the vendor who is selling the lights. Perhaps you can't even READ yourself.

So to answer your question, YES. Hundreds of people have dealt with HTG over the years. You may have "been a member of this forum way before [me]," but it certainly doesn't seem like you've done as much reading/researching/interacting as me. I don't care if you're 3 times my age and have been a member since before I was born--you still abused your right to be ignorant. I'm sure you're wondering how I became such a wealth of information, right? I've actually gained most of my knowledge by READING.

Now that that's out of the way: you should be concerned about the harness, not the headlights. He doesn't produce the headlights, Honda does. The wiring harness is produced by some novice Honda "electrician" who thinks he knows what he's doing. He goes by the alias, HardTopGuy (HTG). His harnesses don't work properly. Period.

A great place to READ about "retrofitting" V6 headlights into a 4-cylinder model is the "Wiring for V6 Headlight DRL for I4" thread. There you'll find all kinds of pertinent READING material in regards to any and everything V6 headlight-related.

I should've just said "Yeah, people bought them and they're awesome! Totally worth the dough, bro." Then I could've lolled for days when you decided to make a thread called "Stupid headlights from Ohio don't work right. Anybody noticed this?"

Consider yourself officially spoon-fed (with a slingshot, Mr. Seniority).

Love,

Your Junior

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I did READ your post. That's why I responded to it. While it may have been a crass response, it was actually encouragement to do some READING yourself.

Refer to your original post. You actually DIDN'T ask if anyone had purchased those specific lights. You asked if anyone had dealt with the vendor who is selling the lights. Perhaps you can't even READ yourself.

So to answer your question, YES. Hundreds of people have dealt with HTG over the years. You may have "been a member of this forum way before [me]," but it certainly doesn't seem like you've done as much reading/researching/interacting as me. I don't care if you're 3 times my age and have been a member since before I was born--you still abused your right to be ignorant. I'm sure you're wondering how I became such a wealth of information, right? I've actually gained most of my knowledge by READING.

Now that that's out of the way: you should be concerned about the harness, not the headlights. He doesn't produce the headlights, Honda does. The wiring harness is produced by some novice Honda "electrician" who thinks he knows what he's doing. He goes by the alias, HardTopGuy (HTG). His harnesses don't work properly. Period.

A great place to READ about "retrofitting" V6 headlights into a 4-cylinder model is the "Wiring for V6 Headlight DRL for I4" thread. There you'll find all kinds of pertinent READING material in regards to any and everything V6 headlight-related.

I should've just said "Yeah, people bought them and they're awesome! Totally worth the dough, bro." Then I could've lolled for days when you decided to make a thread called "Stupid headlights from Ohio don't work right. Anybody noticed this?"

Consider yourself officially spoon-fed (with a slingshot, Mr. Seniority).

Love,

Your Junior
Thanks Junior. So after reading a few posts from the classy members of this forum I decided long before you windblown post against getting the lights. While I would love continuing this idiotic back and forth I will take the high road and ignore your mightier than thou diatribe. While I am totally unimpressed with your love for yourself as well as your need to make yourself feel good I can't help but wonder, were you bullied as a little child? If you were as intelligent as you think you are, the fact that I posted a link to the lights should have triggered something in your brain allowing you to put two and two together. Did the sentence, "I know the price is pretty crazy" make you think I wanted to just buy a harness? Every forum has a few members who think they should answer every post and police those who are back for a second time like myself, but the truth is, no matter how many times a question is asked, it's because a fellow member is looking for help. Do everyone a favor Mr wealth of information, or at least me, and get off of your high horse and stop speaking to people the way you do. Now....go get your shine box

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Thanks Junior. So after reading a few posts from the classy members of this forum I decided long before you windblown post against getting the lights. While I would love continuing this idiotic back and forth I will take the high road and ignore your mightier than thou diatribe. While I am totally unimpressed with your love for yourself as well as your need to make yourself feel good I can't help but wonder, were you bullied as a little child? If you were as intelligent as you think you are, the fact that I posted a link to the lights should have triggered something in your brain allowing you to put two and two together. Did the sentence, "I know the price is pretty crazy" make you think I wanted to just buy a harness? Every forum has a few members who think they should answer every post and police those who are back for a second time like myself, but the truth is, no matter how many times a question is asked, it's because a fellow member is looking for help. Do everyone a favor Mr wealth of information, or at least me, and get off of your high horse and stop speaking to people the way you do. Now....go get your shine box
Whoa there, guy.

Was I bullied as a child? Love for myself... Mightier than thou diatribe...

You were the first one to get defensive and pull your bawlz out in attempt to play the "been here longer, son" card. All I did was tell you that people had dealt with him, and that the answer was right at your fingertips.

If you didn't know how to pronounce the word "diatribe," you wouldn't go grab a dictionary, carry it to your friends, toss it on the ground and say, "Someone look up 'diatribe' and explain." Would you?

If someone did that to me they'd get the same response. I'd tell them to stop being lazy and look it up themselves.

I'm not sure why you keep changing the subject of your original post, either. First you wanted to know if anyone had dealt with HTG. Then you ONLY wanted information about the headlights. Now you're acting like I've been saying, "OMG UR SO STOOPID 4 WANTING TO PAY $900 FOR A HARNESS AND A HARNESS ONLY." Where are you even getting this idea from? Are you actually illiterate?

AGAIN, all I said was that MANY people have dealt with HTG and that the end result is always the same--the harness doesn't f*#%+$& work right. I'm not sure if you realize this, but the reason his price is so high is SOLELY because he claims to have built a plug-n-play harness. So that's what you're paying big bucks for. Hence why I placed such emphasis on the harness.

I really can't figure out what you're trying to get at here. Let me create an analogy here: let's assume the original post was about buying an authentic John Elway autographed game jersey.

So you post the link to one on eBay and say "has anyone dealt with this guy before? I know there's TONS of posts here about what jerseys/autographs are real or fake, and I know the price is really crazy, but I'm just curious.

Then I chime in and say, "yes, read the threads that you just referenced."

Then you eventually return and sarcastically say, "Gee thanks, idiot. I want an answer and I WANT IT NOW--but you're here telling me to first get a degree in Denver-Broncos-Jersey/Autograph-Authentication then thoroughly analyze HUNDREDS of posts in attempt to find a definite answer."

"No, not really," I reply. "You're the one who just said that you've witnessed first-hand, the various useful threads about the subject you've inquired about. So do everyone a favor, and just read them. By creating another thread about Broncos jerseys you're only convoluting the useful information and increasing the likelihood that more people are going to start threads as useless as this one."

Here you are again: "Learn to read, moron. I specifically asked about eBay Broncos jerseys, and if anyone has purchased them. I don't need your help. I've been here longer than anyone else, I'm essentially God of Broncos.net."

Me: "Yes, I can read, and I did read. You may have assumed I was only being an @$$hole, but I was also trying to get you to read about it yourself, instead of relying on others. By the way, you never even asked about the ACTUAL JERSEY, you asked about the seller. Maybe you're the moron who can't read.

To answer your question, yes people have bought jerseys from him, and while the jersey is authentic, it has been proven time and time again that the autograph is a fraud. When you unpack it, you'll be disappointed to find out that it's a Ryan Tannehill autograph. So if I were you, I wouldn't be concerned about the jersey, which can be bought anywhere. I'd be more concerned about paying a premium for something that doesn't work as advertised.

Oh, and by the way, you may have been here for 10 years, but nothing you post is useful, so seniority has no value to me. BUT, since you're my 'daddy' and you're better than me, I guess you can consider yourself schooled by a toddler.

*silly closing*"

Here you are again: "I don't even need your help. I already made up my mind, so shut it! You think you're so cool, but really you just suffered mental and/or physical trauma and abuse as a child. If you had any brains, the fact that I originally stated "the price is ridiculous, BUT..." should've been a dead giveaway that I had no interest at all in buying just the autograph. You're an idiot, a douche, and have no clue what you're talking about.

But me, I'm a successful psychiatrist and you're a mere peon... Now bow down."

Now, here's me right now: "uhhh... When did I ever say you were considering spending $900 on eBay and telling the seller, 'hey man, here's the deal... I ONLY want the Tannehill autograph. Keep the jersey that's worth $600. I'll give you $900 and you just give me the fake autograph. Deal?'

At this point in the conversation, I have no idea how else to convey this information to you. As a last resort, I'll make a humorous analogy to ease the butthurtedness that you're feeling."

P.S. How's that for windblown?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
"but me, I'm a successful psychiatrist"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Psychiatrist? You should have been a stand up comedian....or is that the same thing? Now, go get your shine box.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
"but me, I'm a successful psychiatrist"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Psychiatrist? You should have been a stand up comedian....or is that the same thing?

That is what you're claiming right? You're the one who presumed that I was abused as a child and whatnot.... Only someone who has a thorough understanding of behavior and its correlation to the brain's development would make such assumptions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts