Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Buying 2011 V6 AC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

When I type search for images of the accord coupe I often run into the concept car below:

http://www.finalsense.com/news/vehicles/honda_accord_concept.htm

To me, this car is perfect, I want it. I realized the 08-10' are VERY similar to this car, and with a few modifications you can get it to 90% of what it looks like in the picture.

Does anyone know what modifications I would have to make to match that car? (ie. Which Bumper, Head-Lights, Tinits should I look for)

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Your stock headlights should be about, if not the same with the concept car.

The tint is for show car only, you should not be driving around with that level of tint in real life, it's just not safe.

The bumper? Well I don't think one exists commercially for purchase.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
The concept wheels look awesome!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I still love the front bumper on the concept just as much as I did in 07 ... The tails and rear bumper layout are desirable too..

Problem is, the parts the OP singled out are most likely completely one off pieces in themselves, just coming off modeling clay mock ups to sheet metal realization to drive hype around the 8g coupe design in late 06 going into 07. Honda would have been smart to offer that front and rear bumper as 'Sport' options (but that undercuts the HFP stuff)-- they would have sold, easily imho.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
The only difference from that concept photo and the actual production cars is the wheels. Everything else is exactly what the concept looked like.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I still remember getting quite interested when I first saw the pictures of the Accord concept car, but that excitement went away completely when I finally saw more photos of the prodcution car.

Not only are some of the more interesting design elements removed (such as the exhaust), the side view of the car turned me off completely as it just seems overly stretched, what the concept car picture did was to minimize/hide the stretch towards the rear part of the car.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
I am looking at the concept and my car parked in the garage. They're both the same color even.....

Only the lower bumper opening, the fog light contours, and the rims are different. Tail lights and everything else on the car is exactly the same. Headlights, fenders, doors, rear quarters, EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
The only difference from that concept photo and the actual production cars is the wheels. Everything else is exactly what the concept looked like.
I am looking at the concept and my car parked in the garage. They're both the same color even.....

Only the lower bumper opening, the fog light contours, and the rims are different. Tail lights and everything else on the car is exactly the same. Headlights, fenders, doors, rear quarters, EVERYTHING.
There's obviously more than just the wheels if you admitted the bumpers are different.

Besides the wheels and bumpers (front and back), the headlights are slightly different too. Also, in the picture the OP posted, the rear fender flare pops out more. (Maybe its just the lighting of that picture, but that's the way it looks.)

Nobody is really saying that the concept is a completely different car than the actual '08-'10 coupe but there are noticeable differences.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
ok.. if they originally made our (coupes) bumpers with that lower grille guard, why didnt they produce it like that? i have all kinds of junk and dings in my radiator.

·
Autobot Gunner
417 Posts
I love the concept coupe but I'm very pleased with how the production model turned out as well. Esp as mine is silver, the same as the concept.

The front end is close enough for cuddling, and I actually prefer the production rear end to the concept.

·
Stayin Classy...
630 Posts
You need to slap on a porsche tail end I think. The long slopping back with a hatch back instead of a trunk. Maybe a wide body kit in the rear.

The tint, wheels and grill is not really a concept....Thats just easy slap on crap.

·
Buying 2011 V6 AC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If there is any year that more resembles the concept it's the 2008.

Are there many 08, 09, 10 used models out there yet? I'm a prospective buyer in January, and frankly would rather go with the older models than the '11.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If there is any year that more resembles the concept it's the 2008.

Are there many 08, 09, 10 used models out there yet? I'm a prospective buyer in January, and frankly would rather go with the older models than the '11.
i bought my 2008 v6 automatic coupe in march for 20,999. i haggled them dont to 20k out the door. 15 hours of haggling them later, they couldnt get me the finance rate that i wanted and could get anywhere else so the dealer took another 2k off. shes been so good to me ever since :thmsup:

the deals are out there you just have to look and be ready to jump on them. do your research, man. your 8th gen accord is somewhere out there in this crazy world, probably cold and alone, waiting for you to save her. lol

·
Buying 2011 V6 AC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i bought my 2008 v6 automatic coupe in march for 20,999. i haggled them dont to 20k out the door. 15 hours of haggling them later, they couldnt get me the finance rate that i wanted and could get anywhere else so the dealer took another 2k off. shes been so good to me ever since :thmsup:

the deals are out there you just have to look and be ready to jump on them. do your research, man. your 8th gen accord is somewhere out there in this crazy world, probably cold and alone, waiting for you to save her. lol
:thmsup: Thanks for the inspiration!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts