Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Austin, TX
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my EX-L CVT 4 sedan has been in the shop, I've been driving the loaner car, which is an Accord coupe, V6. Comparison:

Although my EX-L has great acceleration when I need it, the coupe's V6 takes off like a rocket when pushed, like when entering a freeway. It's quite an experience.

The coupe has a much less jittery ride, and virtually no wind noise at highway speeds. However, I noticed that road noise is greater. Could be the tires, or just the design. It was still pretty quiet.

My sedan handles far nicer. The coupe feels somewhat cumbersome to drive, while my sedan feels light and extremely responsive. It could just be a personal preference, as some drivers prefer the handling of the coupe.

All in all, the couple was very impressive, and I can see that it would be more attractive to some people. But the sedan feels better to me and I'm glad I have it.

Has anyone else driven both and have some comparisons to offer?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its not the body that makes the coupe feel sluggish compared to your i4, its the head heavy 3.5L V6. It's sad to admit, but the Coupe V6 is not a track car. Car and Driver described it as an import muscle car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.