Votes: 88 27.7%
  • both

Votes: 54 17.0%

• Total voters
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Rule Enforcer
8,217 Posts
Now that I have all windows 7 machines, I can easily say that MAC has nothing on windows 7.

I'm glad I didn't switch and this Dell XPS 13 Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

*I considered a MAC, but now that i have a Droid and sold the 3GS, I sure would have looked dumb with the MAC :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
I completely agree with everyone who has said that Macs are great, but not that great, not enough to justify their price tag.

Macs do have a reputation for having a more stable operating system (though honestly I haven't yet had any problems with my Windows 7 machine), and they have less threats from things like viruses (though for the price difference, you can get a PC with enough headroom to run good antivirus software without slowing you down, and still save a truckload of money).

There was a time where if you had intentions to do any graphics work, you needed a Mac, but the resolution, speed, etc. on PCs caught up a long time ago, and all the good graphics and desktop publishing suites have also been available in nearly identical iterations.

And in addition to the exorbitant pricetags, Macs also have the problem that there's just a lot of stuff out there that still isn't configured for Mac. I remember being with my daughter while she was looking for a new wireless networking card for her Macbook and nobody had them, except a small handful of a few very expensive ones that would work for her machine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
PC Gamer all the wayyyyyyy!!!!.....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Use both, Mac primarily for school but PC for gaming. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use both, an aging custom p4 PC desktop and my trust macbook pro. My work requires programs which only run in Windows, thus I have bootcamp and fusion installed for those purposes. I don't miss having to do maintenance on one less computer, I have 5 to deal with at home. Get a mac just because it just works.

·
'10 CBP Çøüpé
335 Posts
arrandale i7 2.66 macbook pro
snow leopard + bootcamp windows7 ultimate

·
1,926 Posts
Built my own Win 7 unit with an SSD for the operating system/key programs, multiple platter HDDs for data, an external audio interface and enough connections to run all my A/D conversions and editing. Not hard at all - some car repairs have been tougher. I just didn't see anything in stores I liked, and I was able to use the good stuff left over from my old, dead PC. Total cost about $700 - not much more than an HP from a big box store..

It is a little eerie that no consecutive gens of Accords and Windows seem to have the same, shall we say, personality.

·
Silver '07 Accord SE
404 Posts
I personally own 4 computers, 2 Macs and 2 PCs. I have a PowerMac G5, MacBook Pro (non-unibody), Dell Inspiron 5100, and Dell Latitude D630. The Inspiron made me get my first Mac which is the MBP, then I actually bought the PowerMac this past April at an auction, then I just got the D630 for free from work last week. The MBP is my primary, D630 my backup to that, PowerMac i gave to my family to replace their old Dell Dimension, and the Inspiron I just have at this point.

·
Registered
737 Posts
PC here. Very comfortable with it. Didn't feel the need to switch.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts