Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating the past few weeks about selling or trading my 13' accord sport 4dr for a 2014 Wrx hatch.

What are your thoughts?

Current mods on my accord are:
1. Magnaflow exhaust
2. Weather tec all weather mats
3. Red brake calipers from MGP
4. Roof spoiler
5. 35% all round tint
6. 6000 HID KIT from DDM

Was wondering how much i would get for my accord ... i was recently offered 20,000 :dunno:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Why would you want to downgrade to a WRX?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,161 Posts
I've been contemplating the past few weeks about selling or trading my 13' accord sport 4dr for a 2014 Wrx hatch.

What are your thoughts?
YOLO. Do what makes you happy. Keep in mind that insurance might be more vs the Accord. A WRX would be a fun car and mods are cheap and plentiful.

Was wondering how much i would get for my accord ... i was recently offered 20,000 :dunno:
:dunno: We don't know where you live, how many miles are on the car, what condition the car is in, if it's manual or CVT, etc.. Also, some of those mods will add zero value to your car. $20K seems about right considering MSRP is around $24K-$25K and people routinely pay $21K-$22K for it new, but you should check kelly blue book, autotrader, CarMax, etc. for your area.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I wouldnt say a WRX is a downgrade. Its a much better performing vehicle that has 4 wheel drive, and a turbo 4 with a nicer interior. The one thing you will be sacrificing is reliability. its all up to you and if you think its worth it.
If you're looking to get an accord sedan to handle and drive as fast as a wrx, you wont get it. Similarly, you wont get a WRX to be as luxurious an an Accord sedan. If you want something sporty and fun to drive, find something either RWD or 4WD with a manual transmission and at least 200HP. If you want something with a nice mix of performance and luxury for the price, you cant go wrong with your Accord Sport. Have you looked at BMW 3 series, or Cadillac CTS? Both well performing vehicles that come rear wheel drive and option manual transmission.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car currently has 4,800 miles in the 7 month duration that i have the car. I agree with what you guys say when it comes to reliability etc. , Im currently 19 live in NYC and i feel like this car doesn't suit me ... esp with the CVT.

No i havent looked into the 3 series or cadillac CTS i would like to stick with the 25k price range but thank you for you suggestion and inputs

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very strange selection of cars to choose from. They're two completely different cars. You definitely need to figure out what kind of a ride style you're looking for before you make any decisions.

turbo 4 with a nicer interior. .
Not sure if I agree on that one. Subaru really falls short when it comes to interior design. Accord is definitely much nicer inside.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Keep the Accord. You'll only regret it later if you replace it with a WRX.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i was jealous because i thought it was going to look just like the concept car.
i'm not jealous anymore. to each their own though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
i was jealous because i thought it was going to look just like the concept car.
i'm not jealous anymore. to each their own though.
OP was mentioning the 2014 model, not the 2015 model. The 2015's won't come in a hatchback form so the current gen (2014) is the last year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
OP was mentioning the 2014 model, not the 2015 model. The 2015's won't come in a hatchback form so the current gen (2014) is the last year.
yes, but there are images of the '15 around and they don't draw me in the same way as the concept did. in fact, they don't at all. but again to each their own.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Why would you want to downgrade to a WRX?
Never knew switching cars from an accord to a wrx is a downgrade. Please tell me how? More power, AWD, looks better and way more aggressive. Compared to a boring accord with Cvt and fwd?!? Get real.

Don't even talk about reliability because Subaru is one of the most reliable cars on the road. Look how many wrx/sti's have over. Hundred thousNd miles and look at their selling price. They hold their resale value way more than a honda accord.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Never knew switching cars from an accord to a wrx is a downgrade. Please tell me how? More power, AWD, looks better and way more aggressive. Compared to a boring accord with Cvt and fwd?!? Get real.

Don't even talk about reliability because Subaru is one of the most reliable cars on the road. Look how many wrx/sti's have over. Hundred thousNd miles and look at their selling price. They hold their resale value way more than a honda accord.
Subarus can be reliable. But sometimes, especially ones that are modified and are driven spiritedly, they have a tendency to blow up.

I would recommend going to look and test drive one first, and maybe even try to feel out the dealer as far as pricing goes. I was looking at a used WRX hatch (with about 10k miles) and a new XV Crosstrek before going with the Accord. I didn't think the interior felt as roomy or nice as I thought it would be and the XV was boring to drive (the WRX wasn't of course). But what ended up killing me is the Subaru dealer was unwilling to deal and there wasn't another dealer close enough to me. They thought they were being courteous by getting it back down to MSRP and I told them they were crazy. It didn't help the salesman was an idiot and kept telling me how "everything was better on the Subaru than the Accord." Either Subaru would have cost me considerably more than the Accord (since I could deal one well under msrp) and I thought the Accord was a marginally better car, so I really couldn't see why I would go with the Subarus.

Another important point is you will lose thousands by leaving your Accord. The initial depreciation and mods just can't be made up for (unless you find a really dumb buyer). An offer of 20k could be about right but man I think I got my new one for that price (before TTL). :dunno:

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
The car currently has 4,800 miles in the 7 month duration that i have the car. I agree with what you guys say when it comes to reliability etc. , Im currently 19 live in NYC and i feel like this car doesn't suit me ... esp with the CVT.

No i havent looked into the 3 series or cadillac CTS i would like to stick with the 25k price range but thank you for you suggestion and inputs

You should have gotten the Accord with the Manual Transmission (MT); or are you planning on going for an automatic WRX?

The Manual accord is so much fun compared to the CVT.

If you are 19 go for it, or even look into a Civic Si (Again if you want a fun car with a MT)

One piece of advice, check with your insurance company before you switch cars; because it will be a lot more expensive to go with the WRX.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
The ONLY reason I did not buy a WRX over an Accord is reliability. Subaru is still tuning WRX's lean from the factory to meet emission requirements and this is causing people to blow ring lands on their pistons. There is plenty of documented problems on Subaru forums, look it up and do your research. This problem happens EARLY too in the life of the vehicle. If you trade does the factory warranties carry over? If not then you can always get a tune via Cobb Accessport. People are even throwing their warranties out the window to tune right off the bat and avoid any problems.

·
No PRND
583 Posts

Sorry I didn't see this when I made my last post. I would be very surprised if you can get a WRX hatch under 25k. After TTT and other dealer fees it will likely be closer to 28 or so (base WRX hatch). Like I said on my last post, go to a dealer and test drive and price one if you haven't already. Truecar.com can be an excellent resource but in the case of the WRX (at least in my area), they are going for right at msrp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't forget insurance either. You're 19 and in a high risk location. You'll probably get hosed by insurance even if you have a stellar driving record.

I recommend getting a quote from insurance prior to making any big changes. The rex is a ton of fun but as cyberdork pointed out, the reliability of the subaru engine is not as good as Honda's reliability.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

I guess I used the wrong word. A better choice should have been different kind of car. When shopping for a new car one would set certain priorotyes. The I4 Accord is normally asperated the wrx is turbocharged. Accord FWD WRX AWD, Accord CVT, WRX manual or 5 speed auto.

I guess he can change his mind and take the loss on the Accord. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts