Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would be nicel to have the lane watch on the drivers side mirror. What are the chances it will plug in and both work L & R on the US. Version?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Would be nicel to have the lane watch on the drivers side mirror. What are the chances it will plug in and both work L & R on the US. Version?
They put the Lane Watch on the left side view mirror of the car in Malaysia because they drive on the left like they do in England. That means the right side of the car is where the driver sits. The lane watch is not on both sides. Why would you want the left side view mirror in the US to show the image on the center of the dash? That means you would have to look right before changing lanes to the left. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very unrealistic commercial. I would've driven over that lizard thing in a New York minute.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Did I see something about active lights while cornering???

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Did I see something about active lights while cornering???
Yes, they mentioned active lights while cornering. A similar idea to a center headlight that moved with the steering on the 1948 Tucker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They put the Lane Watch on the left side view mirror of the car in Malaysia because they drive on the left like they do in England. That means the right side of the car is where the driver sits. The lane watch is not on both sides. Why would you want the left side view mirror in the US to show the image on the center of the dash? That means you would have to look right before changing lanes to the left. :thumbsdow
Makes sense what you say I agree, still doesn't mean I wouldn't put it for the hell of it.

And I never asked why they had it in the left side for you to explain it to me. I'm observant enough to notice he was sitting on the opposite side.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Yes, they mentioned active lights while cornering. A similar idea to a center headlight that moved with the steering on the 1948 Tucker.
I had active headlights on a 2014 Opel that I rented in Sweden this summer. They were pretty cool. Not only do they turn as you turn the steering wheel, but they adjust their pattern depending on speed and what's in front of you.

Makes sense what you say I agree, still doesn't mean I wouldn't put it for the hell of it.

And I never asked why they had it in the left side for you to explain it to me. I'm observant enough to notice he was sitting on the opposite side.
It would be helpful to have one on the driver's side that wasn't activated with the turn signal. It would admittedly be distracting to have it come on when you signal a left turn, but the ability to flip it on when needed would be useful.

For that matter, a camera on the front bumper would be quite handy as well. I don't know how many times I've opted to back into a parking spot rather than pull in front-ways because I can see exactly how much space I have behind me. On the times when I do pull in front-first, I invariably leave way too much space in front because I'm so paranoid about nicking my bumper (even though it might complement the 1/4 inch holes the dealer so kindly drilled in my front bumper.)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It would be helpful to have one on the driver's side that wasn't activated with the turn signal.
I would love to have a drivers side camera. I don't understand why people say it's counter intuitive as you would be looking right when you want to turn left. The fact is you would check the camera FIRST - then hit your turn signal and look over your shoulder.

The process goes like this:

1) I need to turn into the left lane
-- I wonder if anyone is in my blind spot
2) Check camera
YES - I see a car - wait for car to pass
NO - I don't see a car - turn on left blinker and check mirrors then look over left shoulder to make sure (optional)

How is that a problem?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
It would be helpful to have one on the driver's side that wasn't activated with the turn signal. It would admittedly be distracting to have it come on when you signal a left turn, but the ability to flip it on when needed would be useful.

For that matter, a camera on the front bumper would be quite handy as well. I don't know how many times I've opted to back into a parking spot rather than pull in front-ways because I can see exactly how much space I have behind me. On the times when I do pull in front-first, I invariably leave way too much space in front because I'm so paranoid about nicking my bumper (even though it might complement the 1/4 inch holes the dealer so kindly drilled in my front bumper.)
I never back into a space because I am not as good backing up as going forward even with the camera. I try to find spaces where I can drive through so I am facing forward. What would be really nice would be an audible warning for the front bumper instead of a camera. The audible warning would come on at speeds below 5 MPH.

I would love to have a drivers side camera. I don't understand why people say it's counter intuitive as you would be looking right when you want to turn left. The fact is you would check the camera FIRST - then hit your turn signal and look over your shoulder.

The process goes like this:

1) I need to turn into the left lane
-- I wonder if anyone is in my blind spot
2) Check camera
YES - I see a car - wait for car to pass
NO - I don't see a car - turn on left blinker and check mirrors then look over left shoulder to make sure (optional)

How is that a problem?
That's a lot of taking your eyes off the road. If you set your mirrors correctly you don't need a camera on the left because the blind spot is now gone. There is a larger blind spot on the right side and you have to look right anyway in the side view mirror before changing lanes to the right.

Short answer is that it cost more money than Honda wanted to put on an Accord.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
Whats the active cornering lights do?
Cornering lights that turn on illuminating the side of the road. Activates when you flick the turn signals.

Why would you want the left side view mirror in the US to show the image on the center of the dash? That means you would have to look right before changing lanes to the left. :thumbsdow
I agree. That's just RETARDED. Looking right to turn left. Hahaha. People come up with the dumbest ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree. That's just RETARDED. Looking right to turn left. Hahaha. People come up with the dumbest ideas.
Says the guy who takes pictures of his car in a barn! Great Idea.

Why can't you just say you don't like it, instead of making the person with the different idea inferior to your ideas.

Not everyone drives and chooses a car for the same reason. That's why Honda for example makes different models to get a broad audience because not everyone has the same taste or idea or even budget for that reason.

·
Sexyland's Finest
112 Posts
Well, if you're not "retarded" you'll be able to look right while understanding that you're looking at the left side of your car.

If you're driving a coupe the pillar is so thick that a vehicle in the third lane isn't often visible in the mirror, and by looking back. Hell, even the second lane can be hard to see sometimes, especially when it's a cyclist. A wide angle camera view of the drivers side could save you; if you're looking right to see left, so be it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts