Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called up my local dealer to schedule an appointment to have to fuel tank replaced under recall. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and there will not be any issues with the fix. I'll be nice and leave the tank close to empty to make the process easier for the dealer. Love the sport with the 6mt, I can't believe how hard this car pulls in the higher RPM's. So no one else is experiencing this recall on their Accord on this forum? Guess I am one of the luck 1,700 people! I also think I should take off my rear wheel locks on the wheels as they might need to remove them. I probably wouldn't of brought the car in but it says "check fuel cap" on the display so there is an issue in the system. :banana:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good idea to run the tank low! Nothing is more fun than pulling an awkwardly shaped, hard to grapple gas tank with 100 pounds of gasoline sloshing around in it.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
It reminds me of the time I was planning on trading in my Jetta. It was Friday morning before the Monday that I had planned to do the trade. I went to start the car and the fuel pump was shot. I had the car towed and the pump replaced. When I picked the car up from the mechanic, it smelled like they had spilled about a gallon of gas inside the car. The fuel pump access was under the back seat. Needless to say, I'd have to guess my trade-in value took a hit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just called up my local dealer to schedule an appointment to have to fuel tank replaced under recall. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and there will not be any issues with the fix. I'll be nice and leave the tank close to empty to make the process easier for the dealer. Love the sport with the 6mt, I can't believe how hard this car pulls in the higher RPM's. So no one else is experiencing this recall on their Accord on this forum? Guess I am one of the luck 1,700 people! I also think I should take off my rear wheel locks on the wheels as they might need to remove them. I probably wouldn't of brought the car in but it says "check fuel cap" on the display so there is an issue in the system. :banana:

Any update on this? Was it fixed under a recall? What did they do - replace the fuel tank? I just had my "check fuel cap" warning message come on as well. I re tightened the cap and it still is flashing. Per the manual it says to just wait a couple days and it should clear itself out after a couple of drive cycles?

Now i'm wondering. I have no fuel smell or fuel leaks that I can see. I also get great gas mileage still.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,338 Posts
Any update on this? Was it fixed under a recall? What did they do - replace the fuel tank? I just had my "check fuel cap" warning message come on as well. I re tightened the cap and it still is flashing. Per the manual it says to just wait a couple days and it should clear itself out after a couple of drive cycles?

Now i'm wondering. I have no fuel smell or fuel leaks that I can see. I also get great gas mileage still.
Drive Cycle- Any journey of a vehicle in which the engine temperature is raised from cold (below 49°C) to normal operating temperature (above 71°C)

It could take a while to go away if your driving habits do not allow for this.

Jay

·
Registered
916 Posts
Good idea to run the tank low! Nothing is more fun than pulling an awkwardly shaped, hard to grapple gas tank with 100 pounds of gasoline sloshing around in it.
They can drain the gas first so it should be empty when they pull it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.