Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, hope your having a great Memorial day weekend!

I have an ongoing problem with my LX manual drivers seat, and hope to get some opinions from the crowd.

When I get in the car, the bottom cushion makes kind of a clank sound. Pressing on the seat cushion will reproduce this sound and there is definitely a bit of play up and down, like something is loose. Is this normal?

I took it to the dealer about a month after I bought it and although they felt what I was talking about, I got the car back two days later in the same condition. They said it was normal.

Just an FYI, using the lever to lift the seat height, then lowering it back down will make the "play" go away for a while but it always comes back.

Any Honda mechanics run across this issue? Any LX owners?

Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry for reviving this old post but having something similar. Curious to see what resolved it for you.

I notice on my 13 LX Sedan CVT if I adjust the seat say 4 pumps up, a couple days later the clunk will start when getting into car. Also the seat has lowered itself almost all the way down. Once it bottoms out to lowest setting or if I raise it the clunk is gone.

My theory was being a heavier guy around 225 when I bought the car. But actually lost weight to 195 and it continued. There goes that theory! (No, I didn't lose the weight to solve the problem)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up on trying to have the issue fixed after getting the runaround from the honda rep assigned to my case. I just give the height handle 4 cranks up then 4 back down every few days and its fine. Honda quality...

On a side note i would love to know what happened to all the replies in this thread

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dro9,

Although I do not have the LX, I have the EXL-V6 and the passenger side is manual
My passenger side seat had a 'rattle/clunk' whenever I hit bumps and you could move the seat if you held it with both hands

The dealer told me it was normal too at first
I demanded that they bring up another accord from the lot and put it side by side to mine (which they did)
Just as I thought, the new accord did not have any play whatsoever on the passenger seat like mine did
They then accepted the issue and replaced the seat track and now the issue is gone

If i were you, I would ask to speak to the General Manager of their service department and do what I did

my car only had ~1500 miles on it too

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I had that manual adjustment on my 2003 Accord. 190k miles and 11 years never showed that problem.

Get them to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.