Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I hope this post is okay here. I have a 2017 Honda Accord Touring V6. I was stuck in the snow yesterday and shifted back and forth to get out. I noticed a sound that was very metallic and something I don’t normally hear. It happened again today when I was backing into my driveway and I managed to record it. I posted it to another forum in hopes I could get some help. Got a good response, Just want to double check. Thank you all! https://hondaforum.com/forum/attach...3498-honda-accord-metallic-noise-img_6823.mov

·
Registered
243 Posts
Foot fully on the brakes, trying both drive and reverse, push the accelerator down to torque the engine more without moving. Do you hear the noise when hitting the gas? If so, engine mount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Foot fully on the brakes, trying both drive and reverse, push the accelerator down to torque the engine more without moving. Do you hear the noise when hitting the gas? If so, engine mount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Didn’t hear anything when doing this. Brought it to my mechanic and he said he doesn’t hear or feel anything. He says I likely just lessened the life of my transmission and got lucky.

·
Turbo lag
2,709 Posts
It's either an engine mount, or an axle. As long as you came to a complete stop before shifting, you didn't do anything wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.