Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a happy NEW owner of an 06 Accord sedan....but I want to give it some oomph in the visual department.

Looking at some 17" shoes for her, however i'm wondering what to do about ground effects/kits. Also, I know she isnt a luxury sedan, but i'm not a racer. So what can I do to smoothen out its ride?

I'd like to have it feel like a plane at times.

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like a plane.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? You can always bolt some wings on her !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll agree I deserved some sarcasm for the plane idea...but i'm pretty sure you know what i'm saying.

Would the best way to address a "bumpy" ride be tires or shocks/struts?

Again, I'm a newbie and just looking for answers to questions.

~Thanks

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I'll agree I deserved some sarcasm for the plane idea...but i'm pretty sure you know what i'm saying.

Would the best way to address a "bumpy" ride be tires or shocks/struts?

Again, I'm a newbie and just looking for answers to questions.

~Thanks
I honda has a firm ride. Dide you not test drive the car b4 buying it? I never understand this...lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
yea,,,,,,, uhmmmm i wouldnt know ho to give it a smoother ride really,,, if u want to give it some "oomphh" or whatever, buy some black housing headlights from eaby, buy some eibach lowering springs, get sum red honda emblems, and obviously upgrade wheels,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I honda has a firm ride. Dide you not test drive the car b4 buying it? I never understand this...lol.
yea i did test drive the car... However I didn't take the car over a cobblestone road to see how it would react to bumpy/grainy road, so unfortunately at this point the car rides wonderful on well paved road, but here in the Northeast thats pretty much highway

Anyways, its not like i'm riding a stagecoach or anything, the car is stable...its CPO and overall i'm happy with it. Just wondering if I could get any input as to how to alleviate some of that roughness at times...my best guess is a nice set of tires

BTW...thanks ethanol will look into the blackedout lights

·
Registered
372 Posts
yea i did test drive the car... However I didn't take the car over a cobblestone road to see how it would react to bumpy/grainy road, so unfortunately at this point the car rides wonderful on well paved road, but here in the Northeast thats pretty much highway

Anyways, its not like i'm riding a stagecoach or anything, the car is stable...its CPO and overall i'm happy with it. Just wondering if I could get any input as to how to alleviate some of that roughness at times...my best guess is a nice set of tires

BTW...thanks ethanol will look into the blackedout lights
yep,,, not blacked out but black housing

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
New Tires, Tire Pressure also affects ride. If you have 15" wheels, and go to 17" wheels your sidewall will be reduced a little, possibly affecting you cobblestone effect worst.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Like a G6??

Check out tein, if they don't have comfort tech coils I'm sure you can get something custom from them whether it be springs or coilovers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts