Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Accord Sport at the track again!

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  JohnnySasakiMGS 
#1 ·
As most of you know and/or seen my past videos, I'm not afraid to push my Accord to the max and take it to autocross days. Within the next few months I plan on putting on some Michelin Sport A/S 3's to replace the stock Michelin Primacy's and am hoping for better grip, turning, and handling. New Stoptech rotors may be on the way as well.

If anyones wandering I'm at 32,800 miles

#6 ·
I'm pretty sure I hear an aftermarket intake.

OP... Nice video. More please!

#3 ·
I'm guessing stock suspension? Looks like the usual OEM setup where there's a bit of lag as the weight shifts before the car seems to actually turn.

#4 ·
awesome video I would look heavy at the BF Goodrich sport comp2's as I really like their grip at the track and ride on the street . It is a brand new compound that just came out in March of this year I would buy them again in a heartbeat .

#5 ·
As most of you know and/or seen my past videos, I'm not afraid to push my Accord to the max and take it to autocross days. Within the next few months I plan on putting on some Michelin Sport A/S 3's to replace the stock Michelin Primacy's and am hoping for better grip, turning, and handling. New Stoptech rotors may be on the way as well.

If anyones wandering I'm at 32,800 miles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0jjvQPH2c8
Nice video! I love the throaty sound on acceleration. When the gas is off, what is that crazy high pitch sound? Sounds scary. I'd like to see an exterior video of the car. Now you make me want to get my V6 out there and tear it up.

#7 ·
thanks for the awesome video.looks like a blast running the accord thru the paces.
can you give us some info on your car.is it stock or are you running any mods for the autocross?

#9 ·
I'm thinking of running my car a few times next year, just for sh*ts n giggles! I've always done track days with my sport bikes so I'm sure the car can be just as much fun, plus learning how your car will react to different things.

#11 ·
We were never allowed to drive that fast in autocross where im from. Rules state not allowed to go over xx km/h.

I miss autox. I had my old speed3 setup for it.

#16 ·
It wasn't a speed limit to the drivers, it was a speed limit to the track designer.

Pylons were strategically placed so cars couldn't reach crazy fast speeds.
Its to keep the inexperienced drivers and marshals safe.

IE: you might have a slalom, and if the straight was long, you would put an offset pylon or something to force cars to slow down to make the corners/turns/pylons.

#15 ·
I changed my CVT fluid at 25,000 miles when they performed the TSB Judder and the fluid came out clean. No signs of wear on the transmission

If my CVT transmission makes that whining noise when it heats up, what the hell is going to happen to the 2015 WRX and it's CVT

#18 ·
We do the same.

One year we had a driver spin out on an airfield and hit a landing light sideways.... He was fine, but the car sustained a LOT of damage. Apparently those landing lights are tough ;) hehehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.