Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an option to convert the Accord Sport to have heated mirrors? I know I could purchase heated mirrors from Honda and the wiring is likely already there on the Sport. But they are about $360 per mirror. Is there another way to get heated mirrors? Some kind of mirror insert replacement? I looked online and couldn't find anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
it was shocking me that 2013 accord isnt equipped with heated side mirrors :-( I also have 2012 corolla LE which has heated side mirrors

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
Yeah, never understood that. I never thought of that as a 'feature' until I bought my Honda.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I do not think there is a heated mirror that fits into the sport, unless there's something in a canadian model. that said, i've been contemplating the large bill to drop in replacement mirrors from an Ex, strictly for the turn signals. that came out to about $180 a side if i remember. You would then likely have to get the wiring harness as well, and add a button to the dash to turn them on or wire them in with the front defrost.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not think there is a heated mirror that fits into the sport, unless there's something in a canadian model. that said, i've been contemplating the large bill to drop in replacement mirrors from an Ex, strictly for the turn signals. that came out to about $180 a side if i remember. You would then likely have to get the wiring harness as well, and add a button to the dash to turn them on or wire them in with the front defrost.
Usually heated mirrors turn on when you turn on the rear defroster.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
it was shocking me that 2013 accord isnt equipped with heated side mirrors :-( I also have 2012 corolla LE which has heated side mirrors
EX trim sedans and above have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep theres heated mirrors on all the trims up here.

I remember on the 7th gen when there was a separate switch on the door for heated mirrors. Now its combined with the rear defrost.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep theres heated mirrors on all the trims up here.

I remember on the 7th gen when there was a separate switch on the door for heated mirrors. Now its combined with the rear defrost.
You mind sending down a pair of *** heated mirrors?

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
You mind sending down a pair of *** heated mirrors?
You have a USDM Sport. Your mirrors are totally different than the CDM Sport.

The CDM Sport has mirrors shaped like the USDM EX and up trim levels with the integrated turn signals, although without LaneWatch on the passenger side.

You would need to convert the entire mirror assembly. This is a very costly upgrade.

http://honda.ca/accord_sedan/specs

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have a USDM Sport. Your mirrors are totally different than the CDM Sport.

The CDM Sport has mirrors shaped like the USDM EX and up trim levels with the integrated turn signals, although without LaneWatch on the passenger side.

You would need to convert the entire mirror assembly. This is a very costly upgrade.

http://honda.ca/accord_sedan/specs
Yeah that's why I was asking around if there were any type of mirror inserts you could put in. Keep the same housing, but change the insert to a heated element.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It seems like the mirrors on the sport in the US are the exact same mirrors from the 8th gen. Couldn't you get parts for the 8th gen EX-L?

Although they don't come in ***...

·
Always time to play!!
240 Posts
Yeap another reason why I love the Canadian Sport.... Heated mirrors!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installing heated side mirrors with turn signals on the Sport?

Can you order these parts separately and install the parts on a Sport? From what I understand electrical connections can connect together?

May possibility needs a switch to turn them on? Not sure. Thoughts?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Might as well buy the canadian sport mirrors and try to rig it somehow. Is it possible probably, how much do you want to spend trying to do it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
mirror upgrade

jakabony did you ever get anywhere with your mirror upgrade? I am also wanting to upgrade my sport.: :eek::confused:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jakabony did you ever get anywhere with your mirror upgrade? I am also wanting to upgrade my sport.: :eek::confused:

I didn't get anywhere good with it. I spoke with a Honda tech and found out that the USDM Sport is not pre wired for heated mirrors. So it would be quite a project, on top of purchasing $600 worth of EX mirrors.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts