Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay I spoke to Toronto Honda Parts and a person Named Moose said they have the heated turn signal mirrors on their sports. He sent me a parts list and detail sheet. I thought I finally found something that would work , but they are not showing the Champagne Frost part.....

Now I have been trying to reach them again and it site says they are not operating at this time: dunno:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay I spoke to Toronto Honda Parts and a person Named Moose said they have the heated turn signal mirrors on their sports. He sent me a parts list and detail sheet. I thought I finally found something that would work , but they are not showing the Champagne Frost part.....

Now I have been trying to reach them again and it site says they are not operating at this time: dunno:
Probably because the sport doesn't come in that colour. That colour only comes on the V6 Touring. Which means that you'd have the Camera on the passenger side mirror.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your right. I finally got through to Toronto Honda and he said they only have the passanger side in Lane watch. $148.00 for drivers side and $248.00 for passanger side. I would have to get the passanger side repainted to match though.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
296 Posts
Accord coupe EX trim has heated mirrors sans lane watch. As I've said many times and confirmed through visual inspection of the exterior components, the coupe mirrors should fit onto the sedan without a problem. I don't know if I just said anything at all of relevance haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 accord sport with heated mirrors: is it possible?

As the title says, I would like to put the EXL heated mirrors on my accord sport. Is it doable or do I need to replace the climate system too in order to wire it in?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would like to add the EX heated mirrors to my 2015 LX but no premier and another thread mentions needing to add another relay. Not sure why I couldn't just run wires and tap into the rear defrost line AFTER his relay.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any updates on that? I saw the EX coupe mirrors are now under $200 for both... I'm tempted to buy them. How hard would the wiring be? I really need the heated mirrors, and the turn signal would be a nice add on.

·
Registered
704 Posts
The heated mirror design on the Accord is flawed (surprise surprise..). In my wife's 2006 Pilot, there is a button by the power mirror controls that allows you to turn the heated mirrors on/off.

I don't like the fact that the heated mirrors are tied to the rear defroster in the car (which doesn't even work according to the manual btw).

In my '14 EX, the rear defroster is supposed to turn off after 20 minutes and it has never done that since I bought the car new.

This represents a problem because if the rear defroster and heated mirrors are constantly running and never shutting off, they could eventually fail. Can anyone confirm whether they have the same problem with their rear defroster in terms of turning off automatically after 20 minutes?

And no, it's never gotten down to 18 degrees Farenheit during the winter here.

Page 142 in the user's manual:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/A2A14SEOM/enu/A2A14SEOM.pdf

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The heated mirror design on the Accord is flawed (surprise surprise..). In my wife's 2006 Pilot, there is a button by the power mirror controls that allows you to turn the heated mirrors on/off.

I don't like the fact that the heated mirrors are tied to the rear defroster in the car (which doesn't even work according to the manual btw).

In my '14 EX, the rear defroster is supposed to turn off after 20 minutes and it has never done that since I bought the car new.

This represents a problem because if the rear defroster and heated mirrors are constantly running and never shutting off, they could eventually fail. Can anyone confirm whether they have the same problem with their rear defroster in terms of turning off automatically after 20 minutes?

And no, it's never gotten down to 18 degrees Farenheit during the winter here.

Page 142 in the user's manual:
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/A2A14SEOM/enu/A2A14SEOM.pdf
Luckily, this winter I never had to defrost the side mirrors so I am assuming they heated but I have used the rear defroster and it does turn off automatically. I didn't time it but 20 minutes seems about right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
what about the original subject of this topic? :) is it possible to put EX coupe heated mirrors with turn signals on a LX/Sport Sedan? If yes how hard is the wiring?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adding turn signal heated mirrors

So....I have been lurking around reading up and doing mods to my 14 Sedan Sport for the last few months since I have got it and I appreciate all of the great write ups. I recently got a set of accord heated with turn signal mirrors in body color to replace the grained stock mirrors. I have been searching for the last few days and have not seen where anyone has done this yet on the 9th gen.

Does anyone have an idea where I can tap into the factory harness to get +12V for the turn signals as well as where the +12V wire is for the rear defroster under the dash?

For the heater function, I plan on just tapping into the current wire harness with out a relay. The mirrors draw 1A each but I have not hooked up my multi meter to the rear defrost circuit to see how many amps it is pulling. If I am close to the max fuse rating I guess I will have to run a relay to power the mirrors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you get this to work, please do a small write up on which wires!! I thought about just tapping the turn signal wire. Have no idea where the defrost is. Good luck man!

·
Just here for the food
1,665 Posts
Subscribed. Interested to see how this works out as well as insight from those who are more familiar with the electrical stuff than I am. Good luck, guys!

·
Registered
842 Posts
It's been discussed, but came to a dead-end when it got to the wiring part. I'm having trouble finding the thread at the moment, but I'll be curious to see if you can get it to work.

Which mirrors did you get? Last I heard, the only OEM option with heat and turn signals and without the LaneWatch camera was the mirrors from the Canadian Sport. Curious whether aftermarket options have popped up since then.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts