Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys recently purchased a 2013 Accord Sport, I was close to purchasing a Ex-L V6 sedan but ended up purchasing the Sport. The Sport is honestly the best looking Honda I've seen in long time. I've been happy so far, but I've been second guessing if I made a mistake. Im in need of a more powerful motor. Im looking to keep it NA. What are your thought and suggestions on doing a V6 swap in the near future. I come from driving a 99 Civic Ex coupe (Si/GSR goodies) and my weeked car 2008 Lexus GS 350. Both were recently sold because of personal reasons. Loved the power and comfort on the GS but damn the brakes and suspension are no where near as good as the Accord sport.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Do you have a lot of money and or fabricating skills? That would be totally badass if you could pull it off. Unless you're going to use a 6 speed automatic. Then it would be kinda pointless.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I can't fathom even attempting to do something like this. It would be ridiculously expensive, if it even worked. You'd be better off to just trade the car in for something with more power, if that is indeed what you desire.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Better yet, you'd have a much cheaper option to just buy an EX-V6, and just put Sport wheels, and the HFP body kit on it.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Heck yes, you can do it! All you will need is a free weekend, a group of your strong buddies, a 10mm, 14mm, and 17mm wrench.

Oh, and a couple cases of alcoholic beverages.

I say go for it!

What could possibly go wrong???

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sorry bud, but the engine alone is probably 5grand. I have no idea really but it isn't going to be cheap. Should have just gotten the V6 with sport wheels.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Better yet, you'd have a much cheaper option to just buy an EX-V6, and just put Sport wheels, and the HFP body kit on it.
+1
Besides, after spending all that money..no one would buy this vehicle if you wanted to sell it, and how do you get any warranty work done? ....too many issues here... :nuts:

·
Registered
916 Posts
The looks are easy to change. The engine - not so much.

It will be far more cost effective to sell the sport and buy a V-6 with the sport wheels and lip spoiler.

The only exception is if you want the stick shift, then you would have to do major work anyway. Of course if you had a stick on the sport you would be less likely to feel "underpowered", so I am guessing it is a CVT.

·
Sexyland's Finest
112 Posts
Would be much cheaper to just trade in for a V6.

V6 gets all the sport options anyway, plus the NAV, heavier sway bars, leather and more.
Same rims too, here in Canada anyway.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wouldnt be too hard of a swap for a V6 with coupe 6 speed... thing is, it's too new to be anywhere near financially sensible. Probably north of 15k all said and done, conservatively speaking.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Or buy 2 Tourings for the base price of a CTS-V. :banana:
But two touring accords wouldn't even come close to the badassery that is the CTS-V

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
I thought the thread title said "future"?

Anyways, of course its possible.. every past Honda has always been swapped.

For god sakes we've got 1998 Honda Civics running around with Neon SRT4 engines.

·
Registered
235 Posts
No doubt re: CTS-V badassery. I'll save going 0-60 in under 4 seconds for when I'm independently wealthy, in the meantime I'll focus on retiring before I'm 60. ;)

I thought the thread title said "future"?

Anyways, of course its possible.. every past Honda has always been swapped.

For god sakes we've got 1998 Honda Civics running around with Neon SRT4 engines.
It does. Point is, why bother? Much simpler to swap V6 rims with a Sport's and add a decklid spoiler. You're not saving any money unless doing all labor yourself, even then...the time and cost to research is wayyy too high imo.

·
Honda Tech
146 Posts
No doubt re: CTS-V badassery. I'll save going 0-60 in under 4 seconds for when I'm independently wealthy, in the meantime I'll focus on retiring before I'm 60. ;)

It does. Point is, why bother? Much simpler to swap V6 rims with a Sport's and add a decklid spoiler. You're not saving any money unless doing all labor yourself, even then...the time and cost to research is wayyy too high imo.
I guess im thinking of the time to swap a sport would be say...2023. Then it should be in the budget. :yes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts