Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am in the middle of negociating with some dealers and I have the option of choosing an 2014 Accord Sport CVT or 2014 Mazda6 Auto.

The OTD price for the Accord is $24,144.70, and the OTD price for the Mazda6 is $24,876. Which of the two is the better deal?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Personal taste, bud. Not sure where you're at but I got my Sport w/ dealer add-ons for a grand lower otd, and TX is 6.25% sales tax.

afaik only real perk between them is leatherette seats in the 6. Personally I like Accord Sport's upgraded cloth seats just fine, leather(ette) sucks in TX summers.

I test drove a baseline Mazda 6, then Accord LX and never looked back (later drove Accord Sport and EX, clearly went Sport). Buuut, it was also a really crappy Mazda dealer.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I drive base models first because it's good to know what's nice-to-have vs need-to-have. Then again, I also don't ask internet strangers what suits my needs. :screwy:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Go with the one you like best. I looked at both as well, but felt the Accord drove better, was roomier and the dashboard in the Mazda (for my taste) was poorly designed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Go with the one you like best. I looked at both as well, but felt the Accord drove better, was roomier and the dashboard in the Mazda (for my taste) was poorly designed.
same feeling. Just dont like the style for the touchscreen on the Mazda 6 :thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
When I went to buy a new car last summer, I wanted to buy the Mazda 6. Really wanted one. I ended up looking at the show room car which was a demo with 2200 km on it. The back plate hole on the trunk were rusted through and the paint was chipping around it.

Even though Mazda brought back Mazda 6 production from Mexico to Japan and Russia, the quality of their steel is still crap. Do not buy that piece of junk.

I repeat it 2200 km, paint chipping because of rust. It can't be said enough times, I still barely believe it.

Oh and the excuse the seller gave me? Oh hum well, we didn't use the right screw when we bolted the plate on, that is why.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
If they are both are good dependable cars. I go with the one that looks the best, and sorry to say it aint a 4 door accord. I personally would buy the Kia.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,162 Posts
When I went to buy a new car last summer, I wanted to buy the Mazda 6. Really wanted one. I ended up looking at the show room car which was a demo with 2200 km on it. The back plate hole on the trunk were rusted through and the paint was chipping around it.

Even though Mazda brought back Mazda 6 production from Mexico to Japan and Russia, the quality of their steel is still crap. Do not buy that piece of junk.
Avoid an entire car model/brand based on one poorly maintained dealer demo? :rolleyes: Please.

If one were to go by that then man451, BTNTX, MaXGTS, Monster 2.0, dingo1, etc. would not have bought an Accord. The same goes for Alex9119, shift, adama31, Randy8, etc.

I repeat it 2200 km, paint chipping because of rust. It can't be said enough.
More like rusting because of paint chipping.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Buy the one you like the best. Don't worry about a good deal. If you keep the car for a long time you will forget what you paid but if you don't like the car you will be unhappy for a long time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i considered both, the mazda 6 looks nicer but thats really where it ends. the accord sport has a roomier interior and yea the 6 has the leatherette but i really like the cloth interior in the sport. what really pushed me to the accord was that it will hands down have better resale value and historically has a better reputation for reliability. i got my accord at a dealer that sold a lifetime powertrain warranty and ill admit that kind of sold me since the price of the car was the same at any other dealership. i know the 6 looks good on the outside but inside its not that great, and you honestly spend more time inside the car than you do looking at the outside. its not like the sport is a bad looking car either i love it and get compliments on it all the time.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I test drove a 6 Touring model. I was disappointed because the car felt like it had no power vs. the Accord. Also I wanted the 6 GT for the heated memory seats and keyless touch entry. I ended up with an EX-L because I felt it was the better value. Also Mazda's resale value pales in the face of Honda's, I know this from experience.

I would pick the one that I like better as well.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Right now I am in the middle of negociating with some dealers and I have the option of choosing an 2014 Accord Sport CVT or 2014 Mazda6 Auto.

The OTD price for the Accord is $24,144.70, and the OTD price for the Mazda6 is $24,876. Which of the two is the better deal?
Yeah seriously as others have said - TAKE A VIEW on the best car for you and then just buy it. You act as if a car is just a commodity and you buy only based on price.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I test drove a 6 Touring model. I was disappointed because the car felt like it had no power vs. the Accord. Also I wanted the 6 GT for the heated memory seats and keyless touch entry. I ended up with an EX-L because I felt it was the better value. Also Mazda's resale value pales in the face of Honda's, I know this from experience.

I would pick the one that I like better as well.
This.

I also wanted a Grand Touring as well. However, in my area, the GT and the EX-L V6 were about the same amount of money (a few hundred dollar away from each other). While the GT had HID's and was gorgeous looking, the Accord has a long legacy of reliability, and a freaking V6! Needless to say, I was sold on the power. :naughty:

For what it's worth, if you are into modding your car, Honda's will generally have wider availability and appeal of aftermarket parts, based on sheer numbers alone. Just something to think about if that speaks to your interests. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was in this position when I was buying my car. I picked the Accord bcuz i heard there are several problems with the mazda like the ipod connection never working and so on. Personal preference all in the end. I personally feel the accord is a great looking car and i have been content with my decision.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Go with the Accord Brother, the hard choice now is to choose which Accord you want. Choose wisely because you'll be living with this car for the next 3-5 years. Drive the cars as much as you can so you can make your choice.

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
I'd choose an ACCORD V6 again (for long haul with kids).. and mazda 6 touring for city driving.. I honestly want to ditch my DD (FIT).

BTW, any of you guys read C & D put the Accord again on top 10? It's crazy seeing the Mazda 6 beat the Accord sport in comparison but C&D still put the Accord top 10.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Had a 2007 Mazda 3, rust bucket, cheap best describes it. Mazda dealers and customer assistance will never help you. Came back to the Honda fold and never looked back, comfortable, reliable, great trade in and inexpensive to maintain.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If they are both are good dependable cars. I go with the one that looks the best, and sorry to say it aint a 4 door accord. I personally would buy the Kia.
You already talk with Blake Griffin? :D

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I looked a little at the Mazda 6. PLUS: You won't see a clone of your car every 5 seconds as you drive around as you ultimately will with the Accord. MINUS: same idea, but the lack of popularity affects resale value, spare parts availability, expertise on repairing it, etc.

I liked the Mazda 6 but I think the design might not age well. Plus it is smaller inside, and it has one tiny screen. PLUS THEY ONLY OFFER 4 CYLINDER! PLUS IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A V6 ACCORD!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts