Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys finally hit a curb and scratched my beautiful Sport OEM passenger side front wheel. To make things worse it wasn't even me, it was a buddy driving my car. After arguing for a while about him giving money to get a new one I finally took his $500 and called it a day. My buddy and I know they cost $445.98 at the dealer, and yes being a perfectionist and anal about my stuff I will get a new one. Anyways my question is that i noticed there are two part number for the wheels.

Part Number: 42700-T2A-A82 made by Hayes Lemmerz
And
Part Number: 42700-T2A-A83 made by Enkie

I have 2014 Sport, which part # is it for my car? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Look on the inside of the wheel. The manufacturer will stamp their name into one of the backside of one of the legs on the wheel itself. For instance..

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, I'm actually looking at local wheel repair shops right now and in my defense he just layed out the money at me after I told him not to worry about it.. He has money anyways. Also did look at behind my wheels and are stamped Enkie. For future reference and for me to learn somthing, is there a difference between the the two part numbers other than the who makes them?

·
Registered
745 Posts
True, I'm actually looking at local wheel repair shops right now and in my defense he just layed out the money at me after I told him not to worry about it.. He has money anyways. Also did look at behind my wheels and are stamped Enkie. For future reference and for me to learn somthing, is there a difference between the the two part numbers other than the who makes them?
I doubt it but you never know. And yea just get it repaired. Might be more than $100 bucks but much less than a new wheel. Also the dealer ain't the only place to find a factory wheel.

·
RacerRik
172 Posts
Refinished wheels are no good for someone who is picky about their cars. The paint will not match and the paint will not hold up. I would suggest either buying a new wheel or find an unrestored used one that is in good shape.

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
My wife just curbed the driver side rear wheel at an Arby's drive thru last night. I usually drive the car to work but she wanted to drive last night when we were out and about. I was in the passenger seat when it happened. Not happy. I try to keep the car as nice as possible but at some point I need to realize it's just a car and things are going to happen. Not sure if I should get it repaired or just live with it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My wife just curbed the driver side rear wheel at an Arby's drive thru last night. I usually drive the car to work but she wanted to drive last night when we were out and about. I was in the passenger seat when it happened. Not happy. I try to keep the car as nice as possible but at some point I need to realize it's just a car and things are going to happen. Not sure if I should get it repaired or just live with it.
Did you get $500 from her?

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, u guys are brutal... Anyways quick update, it's been more than a week and I have left my wheel alone. I ain't going to do anything about it at the moment. I ain't going to lie I was upset and wasn't thinking clearly when it happened didn't know what to do. Since than I have ripped my buddy's check we talked and told him again not to worry about anything. Just like amazenblue402 said it's just a car and stuff is going to happen no matter how much I take care of my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts