Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
you gonna get a lot of criticizing for this post I bet since this has been discussed before,

and to answer your question, yes and no.
Design is really subjective to each of his own and rear is similar, but not entirely.

·
LoVe Honda
81 Posts
On my drive everyday there is a 2010 Hyundai Genesis parked backwards and every time I think it's a fellow accord.

You guys think it looks a lot like an Accord?

They look similar. I would say Hyundai did a good job and gave Honda an attention to "refine" their design on Accord which came out nicely.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,611 Posts
Yup. Whenever I see the rear end of a 9th gen Accord sedan I can't help but think it's a Genesis. Not a bad car for Accord to look like actually. :thmsup:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
you gonna get a lot of criticizing for this post I bet since this has been discussed before,

and to answer your question, yes and no.
Design is really subjective to each of his own and rear is similar, but not entirely.
The only thing about that resembles an Accord is the rear door window and the C pillar. Otherwise, it looks like any number of mid size sedans. This car is exceptionally plain.

·
Registered
209 Posts
or kinda like a G35 sedan (or whatever the infinity sedan is... you guys know what im talking about)

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
The Genesis is wider and more substantial. I never get them confused but there are some similar styling clues, the Gen looks and drives more expensive.

Driving the Gen reveals that it is a luxury sedan and the Accord is a family sedan. Sorry, I call them as I see them and the Gen just drives differently. More German than Korean, it has to do with the RWD configuration. I still love my Accord but the Gen is a very fine car.

·
Banned
113 Posts
My parents drive "luxury cars" Bmw , Benz , Porsche currently and in all honesty there isn't much more in them than my accord coupe v6 I mean you can tell but its not worth the extra twenty to 50k just to get a fast luxury car take a look at the Audi's and base bmw and benz's the base motor is 200hp 150 ish at the crank and then you see a car 10k cheaper like the accord coupe pushing 260 at the wheels and then you realize how much of those cars are actually just the name that they stamp on it. Just to clarify I learned how to drive in a new benz and have driven more time in "luxury cars" than in my accord coupe. The handling and the power are just there on the accord coupe v6 it shocks me what you can get for 30k these days.

·
LoVe Honda
81 Posts
My parents drive "luxury cars" Bmw , Benz , Porsche currently and in all honesty there isn't much more in them than my accord coupe v6 I mean you can tell but its not worth the extra twenty to 50k just to get a fast luxury car take a look at the Audi's and base bmw and benz's the base motor is 200hp 150 ish at the crank and then you see a car 10k cheaper like the accord coupe pushing 260 at the wheels and then you realize how much of those cars are actually just the name that they stamp on it. Just to clarify I learned how to drive in a new benz and have driven more time in "luxury cars" than in my accord coupe. The handling and the power are just there on the accord coupe v6 it shocks me what you can get for 30k these days.
Maybe the price is different because Rwd and Fwd....:dunno:
I found this on kbb for 2014 BMW 3 series "The delightfully torque-rich turbo-6 (300hp) is good for 5.4-second 0-60 bursts, but the surprising turbo-4 (240hp) is only about a half-second slower, with the down-powered 320i version (180hp) turning in a time of roughly 7.1 seconds."

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The Genesis is wider and more substantial. I never get them confused but there are some similar styling clues, the Gen looks and drives more expensive.

Driving the Gen reveals that it is a luxury sedan and the Accord is a family sedan. Sorry, I call them as I see them and the Gen just drives differently. More German than Korean, it has to do with the RWD configuration. I still love my Accord but the Gen is a very fine car.
You are 100% correct that the picture looks similar to a Genesis. However, the Genesis starts at $35,000 and the Accord top of the line Sedan is still less. You are correct that above $35,000 you are in the luxury sand box. It's the same difference as flying to Europe in Economy class vs. Business class :nuts:

·
144ci of Japanese Muscle!
162 Posts
take a look at the Audi's and base bmw and benz's the base motor is 200hp 150 ish at the crank and then you see a car 10k cheaper like the accord coupe pushing 260 at the wheels
I think you have a little confusion about HP ratings. A car that is rated at 200hp won't have "150 ish at the crank", it will have 200hp at the crank, with some variation in individual units. That's how the HP rating of a car's engine is measured, at the crank (assuming SAE Net HP).

The "150 ish" would be at the WHEELS, but even still that's a big drop from rated HP. The oft-used reduction is around 15% loss between the crankshaft and the wheels, so a 200hp car is more likely to be delivering 170hp or so at the wheels.

It's also a bit of a mistake to assume that every V6 Accord can produce 260hp at the wheels, or that Audi/BMW/M-B aren't also producing more power than they're rated for.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,611 Posts
I think you have a little confusion about HP ratings. A car that is rated at 200hp won't have "150 ish at the crank", it will have 200hp at the crank, with some variation in individual units. That's how the HP rating of a car's engine is measured, at the crank (assuming SAE Net HP).

The "150 ish" would be at the WHEELS, but even still that's a big drop from rated HP. The oft-used reduction is around 15% loss between the crankshaft and the wheels, so a 200hp car is more likely to be delivering 170hp or so at the wheels.

It's also a bit of a mistake to assume that every V6 Accord can produce 260hp at the wheels, or that Audi/BMW/M-B aren't also producing more power than they're rated for.
I agree.

I get a chuckle out of people who try to make the Accord seem like a better car than other cars (Audi, BMW, etc.) based on hp vs cost. There's a lot more to it than just hp and if these folks really cared about hp vs cost they'd be driving something like a Mustang and not an Accord. :lmao:

·
5 Speed CVT
148 Posts
YEs it does look similar, but honestly To me it's still A Hyundai. and TO ME and my opinion only, it's not Worth the $35,000

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
audi bmw benz, etc price tag is not just slapping a badge on it. have you actually ever driven any of those cars? they drive about 20 times better than the accord. its all about craftsmanship and the detail that goes into those cars and the way they drive. power means absolutely nothing

·
7th Gear
3,424 Posts
All auto company's take bits and pieces from other designs.

This is why so many cars look alike.

Gone are the old days when cars were a work of art and you could easily distinguish between a Lincoln and a Cadilliac or a Ford and a Chevy.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Damn, should have bought a Hyundai. lol

It looks similar but Honda definitely improved on the design.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
audi bmw benz, etc price tag is not just slapping a badge on it. have you actually ever driven any of those cars? they drive about 20 times better than the accord. its all about craftsmanship and the detail that goes into those cars and the way they drive. power means absolutely nothing
I would agree having owned several high end European cars. If their reliability were as good as their craftsmanship, they really would be worth the extra dollars. The new buyer in warranty cares not, it's the sap used buyer that is saddled with all of the bills.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.