Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What lights are actual LEDs on the Touring? I test drove one and the dealer wasn't helpful. I noticed that the high beams aren't LEDs like the headlights. When I asked the sales guy about it he said that Honda did that intentionally so the driver could easily see the difference and know if high beams were on. Right.

I'm trying to figure out just what LEDs make the touring different.

Headlights, brake lights. Any others?

Thanks.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Touring has LED Headlights(low beams), LED DRL running lights, and LED brake lights and LED running lights at night.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
What lights are actual LEDs on the Touring? I test drove one and the dealer wasn't helpful. I noticed that the high beams aren't LEDs like the headlights. When I asked the sales guy about it he said that Honda did that intentionally so the driver could easily see the difference and know if high beams were on. Right.

I'm trying to figure out just what LEDs make the touring different.

Headlights, brake lights. Any others?

Thanks.
Your sales guy is an idiot.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Your sales guy is an idiot.
All mistakes or design deficiencies were fully thought-out by Honda engineers and there is a reason for all of them. They might seem like mistakes but in reality Honda is smart and they do things that you can't even imagine. It's all there for a purpose.

-Stupid Honda Sales Guy

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Here's what you get with the Touring over the EXL-V6:

1) LED low beams
2) Auto Cruise Control
3) Navigation (except EXL V6 w/ nav)
4) iMID info inside the speedometer

Am I missing anything guys?

I chose the EXL V6 because I couldn't get tan interior with black exterior in the Touring. Didn't care that much about ACC. Would have loved to have the LED headlights, but I chose tan interior over the LED headlights.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
All mistakes or design deficiencies were fully thought-out by Honda engineers and there is a reason for all of them. They might seem like mistakes but in reality Honda is smart and they do things that you can't even imagine. It's all there for a purpose.

-Stupid Honda Sales Guy
Well put.

Here's what you get with the Touring over the EXL-V6:

1) LED low beams
2) Auto Cruise Control
3) Navigation (except EXL V6 w/ nav)
4) iMID info inside the speedometer

Am I missing anything guys?

I chose the EXL V6 because I couldn't get tan interior with black exterior in the Touring. Didn't care that much about ACC. Would have loved to have the LED headlights, but I chose tan interior over the LED headlights.
I love my tan interior as well. I hate black. Tough choice on the LEDs (which I added and love) vs being stuck with a coffin black interior that sucks life out of the cabin. hmmm, what to choose?

This winter, I really know I have a 4cyl-rough and noisy which I did not notice last year. This is the first time I am wishing a bit for the smoothness of the V6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts