Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very upset....I don't ever really post here but I wanted you guys to know that my baby got destroyed. Insurance claims it will cost more than 40% to repair due to frame damage. :frown

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Very upset....I don't ever really post here but I wanted you guys to know that my baby got destroyed. Insurance claims it will cost more than 40% to repair due to frame damage. :frown
40% and they are totaling the car?

·
Registered
345 Posts
From that one picture it looks totally drivable...?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to see your Accord like this... more info on what happened??

·
Long live the manual
728 Posts
Sorry about your accident. A Back end picture is really needed tho. From the picture you posted its hard to see the full extent of the damage. As long as you are OK & nobody was injured the car should be easily replaced. If you have a major insurance company things should be looking brighter for you very soon.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
From the sideways single pic posted it doesn't look like it would be bad enough to be totaled.

Sorry this happened, and glad you're OK!!!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get a chain, strong come-a-long and a thick pine tree and pull it out. Why would they total the car at only 40% loss??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really depends. If there is frame damage, I think some insurance company will write off that car.

I have seen similar damages recently (not on an accord) and the repair estimate was $8k easy. But still, that shouldn't be enough to completely write off a (relatively) new Accord. But again, if the frame is damaged, then that would be another story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts