Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The TLX is significantly heavier than the Accord at over 4,000 pounds with SH-AWD. Given it has the same 2 liter as the Accord, I'm not surprised. I love the sleeper aspect of the Accord

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Yeah, the much heavier weight does hurt TLX’s acceleration, but doesn’t the SH-AWD also shave off a few tenths of a second due to better traction?

I’m interested to see what the FWD version of the TLX does vs the Accord.

·
More cars, more problems
149 Posts
Before we all stroke our egos, remember that's only the plain Jane TLX and I've heard they'll follow up soon with a Type S. That being said, though, the Acura won't beat out the Accord in my opinion because it lacks a third pedal.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
159 Posts
While I love manuals (and my 2020 2.0T is one), I thought the 10-speed automatic beat the 6-speed manual by about 0.7 seconds in a 0-60 (0-96) acceleration test.

I didn't watch the video; did this Accord have a manual?

·
Turbo lag
1,158 Posts
While I love manuals (and my 2020 2.0T is one), I thought the 10-speed automatic beat the 6-speed manual by about 0.7 seconds in a 0-60 (0-96) acceleration test.

I didn't watch the video; did this Accord have a manual?
10AT

·
More cars, more problems
149 Posts
That being said, though, the Acura won't beat out the Accord in my opinion because it lacks a third pedal.
I thought the 10-speed automatic beat the 6-speed manual by about 0.7 seconds in a 0-60 (0-96) acceleration test.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The 10AT is for sure better in a straight line. It's just that I'll continue to buy manuals as long as they are available, and Acura doesn't offer one.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
65 Posts
Before we all stroke our egos, remember that's only the plain Jane TLX and I've heard they'll follow up soon with a Type S. That being said, though, the Acura won't beat out the Accord in my opinion because it lacks a third pedal.
+1

Absolutely love my built-in antitheft mechanism. 😂

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The 10AT is for sure better in a straight line. It's just that I'll continue to buy manuals as long as they are available, and Acura doesn't offer one.
I think the manuals being available in the Acura line-up is long gone. Honda is not far behind. The only available Honda with MT for sale is the 2020 Honda Fit. We know that the Fit will be gone soon too (at least in the US market), so it’ll be interesting if we ever see a manual being offered from Honda again.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
And
  • Honda Accord (Sport)
  • Honda Civic (Sport, Sport Touring, SI, Type R)
Well yeah, I forgot the Civic Type R and SI. I guess these two will always come in manuals. But I don’t know, I’ve always figured they are targeted toward a specific demographic (late teens to late 20’s), so... maybe I’m just an old fart now haha.

·
Registered
335 Posts
This post has perfect timing. OMG i just ran into one of these Sonata N-lines this morning. Funny coincedence. So I was behind it this morning, trying to figure out what it was from the tail light. So it was trying to race a Lexus IS250. And it was holding its own with it. I wont say i got in the mix but i watched. I also watched that video and am surprised how bad it got smoked by the accord.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T
56 Posts
Thanks for posting this - I watched the video right before I saw this post. Kia K5 GT and Hyundai N Line seem like pretty decent cars but I'm glad the Accord can still pull past them, especially with a base tune :). Regardless, good competition in my opinion. I also do like the crazy styling that the Kia/Hyundai have. The Accord looks are more tamed I suppose.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
These videos are tons of fun to watch, but the drag race isn't everything. I'm not sure how the other cars are made, but I know that the Sport and Touring trims come pretty well prepared for a track straight from the factory. the OEM tires leave a lot to be desired, but everything else feels pretty good. The 2018 lightning lap video tells a pretty good story about how well the 2.0 accord handles a track, and lap times are more important for me when it comes to performance and thrill. Sure, beating the other car at a stop light is satisfying, but that race only lasts a few seconds.

I'm a manual guy to the bitter end, but I recognize an advantage when I see it. The 10AT appears to beat the 6MT all around in performance. Bear in mind this is based on what I THINK I've seen on the internet in videos and whatnot, so I know up front that I may be wrong. The Acura won't beat the manual Accord in the FUN department, but with the same power:weight, the auto is now going to win.

I play speed racer on almost every empty back road I can find with my 1.5 manual Sport, but I know I'm sloppy and some average Joe mashing the pedal in a CVT has better odds in a race. I'll have one hell of a time enjoying myself, but I'll be looking at his tail lights.

Reactions: Jefferson88

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
159 Posts
Well yeah, I forgot the Civic Type R and SI. I guess these two will always come in manuals. But I don’t know, I’ve always figured they are targeted toward a specific demographic (late teens to late 20’s), so... maybe I’m just an old fart now haha.
I'm 53, so I am an old(er) fart.

The Accord Sport 2.0T with a stick is the perfect semi-old-fart-who-still-feels-23-years-old car, isn't it? :) That's why there's one in my driveway.

I joked with my wife that it's my mid-life crisis car.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,212 Posts
Drag racing econoboxes lmao

·
Registered
42 Posts
In prior Throttle House drag race the 2.0 smoked the Mazda 6 turbo and also took the 6 cyl Camry TRD. The Type R just did beat the 2.0.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wanted to see the second race with out using the paddle shifters on the cars. Wonder if the Accord might have done better against the Sonata.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts