Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
2018 Accord Sport 2.0 in
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I found the source of the water. The hose coming from the evaporator had come disconnected from where it goes through the firewall. Had to bend up the carpet a bit to get it back in. Now i have to deal with the wet carpet. Looks like a pain to get it out. I know I have to remove the seats at a minimum. I doubt the dealership will want to cover the repair now that I have been into it.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
@Springer2.0 - Try the kitty litter. That's what I used when I lived in the snow belt and didn't have decent all-weather mats so the carpets were always getting wet.

Kept a heavy sack of the stuff in the trunk for added weight and traction in winter, meaning it was always handy to toss on the carpets to soak up the water and then just be vacuumed out...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try using DampRid. I've used this to dehumidfy the inside of vehicles before. Works very well. Blot up as much moisture as you can with rags or towels, then place the DampRid container in the vehicle. You'll have to empy the water captured and probably refill the container with fresh DampRid multiple times until you are satisfied that the carpet has totally dried.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts