Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 Accord Coupe 2.4 EX-L. The window sticker lists Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) as one of the features. I read the owners manual and saw nothing about ANC. How does it work? It doesn't seem particularly quiet in my car. Do I have to turn it on and off?

The only thing I've seen in these forums concerns VCM, which my car doesn't have.

·
Registered
144 Posts
ANC is a feature that turns up the volume when you're driving on the freeway and get road noise. It automatically turns it up so it drowns out most of the road noise. Trust me you'll notice after awhile because you'll come out of a long drive and feel like your ears are gonna pop!! haha some ppl here are trying to find a way to get rid of it or turn it off....

search next time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, saersxlr8.

I did search, but it searched the whole web instead of just this site. :confused:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
ANC is a feature that turns up the volume when you're driving on the freeway and get road noise. It automatically turns it up so it drowns out most of the road noise. Trust me you'll notice after awhile because you'll come out of a long drive and feel like your ears are gonna pop!! haha some ppl here are trying to find a way to get rid of it or turn it off....

search next time.
I believe you are referring to the SVC (Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation), and the OP is asking about the ANC (Active Noise Control).

To answer the OP, the ANC uses the subwoofer to removes the low-frequency peripheral noise from the cabin, delivering a more serene ambiance. The system uses two microphones, one in the overhead console and the other on the rear parcel shelf, to pick up low-end drivetrain noise entering the cabin. The system is always on by default. You would have to disconnect the mics to disable it.

Might want to read up this thread for the experience of the people who removed ANC before you do it... http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?p=242491#post242491

·
Registered
124 Posts
It works pretty good. Me and my wife were going down the freeway the other day. I farted a big one' and she did'nt hear it. It seems the Active Noise Cancelling systems cancelled out my fart. Now if Honda would only come out with an ASC (Active Smell Cancelling) system. I had to blame the smell on dead road kill. :banana:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ice.

I would never try to disable it. Is it on even when the radio is off? As for its effectiveness I guess it would be even noisier without it.

I still think it's very strange that the owners manual says zip about ANC. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
144 Posts
It works pretty good. Me and my wife were going down the freeway the other day. I farted a big one' and she did'nt hear it. It seems the Active Noise Cancelling systems cancelled out my fart. Now if Honda would only come out with an ASC (Active Smell Cancelling) system. I had to blame the smell on dead road kill. :banana:
Bwhahahahhahah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts