Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
Honda Accord LX 2007 Sedan
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, not trying to spam this forum but I just wanted to make a clarification as I'm trying to build my accord and replace its parts that need to be replaced.

Concerning the suspension, I've heard about people who find acura TLX (04-08) suspensions and they fit well into the accord (03-07) 7th generation.

For the 2007 accord I've heard people opt for the 07 suspension from the TLX.

Anybody here can tell me about that and if people just opt to get the whole suspension replaced with a TLX suspension and for what reason?
Would it be a good idea to find a TLX oem suspension and put it in my accord, and put a nice coilover in? Something like
TEIN Flex Z
If I'm willing to put in the money?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not just this but I've heard Honda Accord OEM Ball joints are recommended by @TX Accord , anybody with experience on that can tell me what they would do here?
Buy oem TLX suspension besides shock and struts and ball joints, buy oem accord 07 ball joints and ball, Tien flex Z coilovers?

· Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
818 Posts
The Tien struts for the 04-08 TL and 03-07 Accord are literally the same part number. However, the Accord front struts use a slightly different mount design, the Tien struts can fit both, but you’d need to use Accord top mounts on struts designed for the TL.
TSX suspension is slightly different, but still fits if you change the bushings or something?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Tien struts for the 04-08 TL and 03-07 Accord are literally the same part number. However, the Accord front struts use a slightly different mount design, the Tien struts can fit both, but you’d need to use Accord top mounts on struts designed for the TL.
TSX suspension is slightly different, but still fits if you change the bushings or something?
I would need to use accord top mounts for struts designed for the TL?.. So struts designed for the TL wouldn't work on TL Top mounts? No idea what to get from this.

· Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
818 Posts
I would need to use accord top mounts for struts designed for the TL?.. So struts designed for the TL wouldn't work on TL Top mounts? No idea what to get from this.
If you wish to use TL struts on the Accord, you need to use Accord top mounts, unless the struts are compatible with both the TL and Accord.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you wish to use TL struts on the Accord, you need to use Accord top mounts, unless the struts are compatible with both the TL and Accord.
Ah I understand now lol, great. So if the tien flex Z coilovers are compatible with the TL suspension then I should be okay to just buy the TL suspension and Tien Flex Z coilovers. Although I did get the tip to buy OEM accord lower ball joints.

· ziptie princess
2,416 Posts
Sure. So why do people opt to go for the TL suspensions? Just opinions that it has better handling?
i think at most people buy tl sway bars and endlinks- the sway bars are a larger diameter and can improve/alter the handling characteristics.

for example, i have a dx, which had no rear sway bar stock- rather than go all out and add tl type-s front and rear bars like everyone recommends, i went with a 3.2cl type-s rear bar. it's marginally smaller than the stock tl bar, but it's a good match for the stock front- i went from understeer for days to a pretty well balanced car that can be pushed into oversteer.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i think at most people buy tl sway bars and endlinks- the sway bars are a larger diameter and can improve/alter the handling characteristics.

for example, i have a dx, which had no rear sway bar stock- rather than go all out and add tl type-s front and rear bars like everyone recommends, i went with a 3.2cl type-s rear bar. it's marginally smaller than the stock tl bar, but it's a good match for the stock front- i went from understeer for days to a pretty well balanced car that can be pushed into oversteer.
Thanks, really good reply. Really spelled it out for me.

How would OEM Accord suspension except 22mm rear TL sway bars + 27mm TL front sway bars and Tien Z Flex shocks be if you were to guess? (don't know if you have any idea but thought i'd ask.)

After some research and figuring out that Endlinks are ARB's I'm not sure how I feel about it. Don't know if ARB's are needed but i'll try reading around to see how people like it.

I've always known about my accord having understeering issues, pretty much just had to adjust to it before coming to the choice to see what I can do to the car to make it better.

Sorry to ask so many questions I'm sure are answered somewhere, just still trying to learn more.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Would it be best to just go full out and get a 20mm TL rear sway if I go for the TL front sway bars too?

· ziptie princess
2,416 Posts
Thanks, really good reply. Really spelled it out for me.

How would OEM Accord suspension except 22mm rear TL sway bars + 27mm TL front sway bars and Tien Z Flex shocks be if you were to guess? (don't know if you have any idea but thought i'd ask.)

After some research and figuring out that Endlinks are ARB's I'm not sure how I feel about it. Don't know if ARB's are needed but i'll try reading around to see how people like it.

I've always known about my accord having understeering issues, pretty much just had to adjust to it before coming to the choice to see what I can do to the car to make it better.

Sorry to ask so many questions I'm sure are answered somewhere, just still trying to learn more.
Would it be best to just go full out and get a 20mm TL rear sway if I go for the TL front sway bars too?
i think it really depends what you're going for- you don't have your car listed, so i don't know which model you have, but you might be happy simply with an upgraded rear bar. most people who add the tl-s bars are doing so on stock suspension/lowering springs in an attempt to curb body roll, but with the relatively high spring rates of the flex z coils i'm not convinced you'd need that.

i'm a little confused here, because usually arb is an abbreviation for "anti-roll bar", which is the same thing as a sway bar; endlinks are the bit on the end that connects the sway bar to the arm/knuckle. iirc the tl version is supposed to be stronger- there should be more information in the stickied thread in the main 7th gen section though.

you'd probably be best off getting the matching rear bar for whatever front bar you use, e.g. tl front and tl rear, tl-s and tl-s rear, etc. that's going to tend towards understeer, so if you're looking for something more neutral or that will oversteer more, use either a smaller front bar or a larger rear one- i don't recommend making huge changes, since that can cause weird handling issues.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i think it really depends what you're going for- you don't have your car listed, so i don't know which model you have, but you might be happy simply with an upgraded rear bar. most people who add the tl-s bars are doing so on stock suspension/lowering springs in an attempt to curb body roll, but with the relatively high spring rates of the flex z coils i'm not convinced you'd need that.

i'm a little confused here, because usually arb is an abbreviation for "anti-roll bar", which is the same thing as a sway bar; endlinks are the bit on the end that connects the sway bar to the arm/knuckle. iirc the tl version is supposed to be stronger- there should be more information in the stickied thread in the main 7th gen section though.

you'd probably be best off getting the matching rear bar for whatever front bar you use, e.g. tl front and tl rear, tl-s and tl-s rear, etc. that's going to tend towards understeer, so if you're looking for something more neutral or that will oversteer more, use either a smaller front bar or a larger rear one- i don't recommend making huge changes, since that can cause weird handling issues.
Yeah, I have a 2007 Accord v6 4 door sedan.
I was looking for more reliable (neutral) suspension. I guess I can understand why people would want to get rid of "bodyroll", as when I'm going 90 MPH to houston and make a turn I feel the whole car rolling Lol. Not sure if it's really that bad to want to fix it, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad to help.

I think I'm just looking to help all the above, getting the steer more neutral as the understeering is kind of annoying. I'm okay with drastic changes, but I get that it can cause handling issues if I dont do it right. Really looking for advice here to get a nice build going.

Thanks for clarifying that ARB is the same thing as Sway bars

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I am more okay with understeer than I am with oversteer though (I'm sure everybody would be tbh). So if anything I'm okay with just a slight tendency to oversteer just hoping to get more towards neutral. Anti rolling would be nice, but I'm not sure if it would cause any other problems that I dont really think is worth it.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do coilovers or struts/springs first if you're going to do them, then figure out if you still want/need sway bars after that.
Well I think I settled on getting TL 07 sway bars, both front and rear. and adding the tien flex z coilovers to it. If I were to just not need any replacing, I would have done what you said and add one part at a time to see how I like the steering, but at this point since I'm going to be replacing the sway bars anyways (atleast the front ones to my knowledge need replacing) I'm just going to go ahead and replace the front and rear.

· Registered
83 Posts
Well I think I settled on getting TL 07 sway bars, both front and rear. and adding the tien flex z coilovers to it. If I were to just not need any replacing, I would have done what you said and add one part at a time to see how I like the steering, but at this point since I'm going to be replacing the sway bars anyways (atleast the front ones to my knowledge need replacing) I'm just going to go ahead and replace the front and rear.
You will need a camber kit for the rear when lower your ride height or tires will wear away quickly. Get coilovers and rear camber kit together.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts