Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Acura remote start III system in a 2014 Honda Accord

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  on2 
#1 ·
Does anyone know or have experience with the Acura remote start III system? I wondering if this could be added to the 2014 EX-L V6 Accord. The 2014 MDX also has push button start and this remote system is offered. Thanks

#3 ·
I'll have to talk to Acura but I'm sure the wiring differs.

#5 ·
it does not replace the fob. it's stupid. I hate it. I will not put one in my car.

I just installed it in the '14 odyssey and you have to have the smart key in your pocket for the car to restart once it shuts off as you open the door. I'd rather start my car manually and let it warm up vs starting it twice all it's life.

#6 ·
The word I got back from the Acura dealer was that the MDX is wired completely different, so this fob would not work with the Accord. I fail to understand why Honda refuses to address this issue. My 2007 Chevy pickup I'm trading for the 2014 Accord has remote start. What gives?

#10 ·
are you sure? I have no info on remote start 3. I just installed remote start 2 on a '14 oddy with push start and it requires the smart key to restart the car after you open the door. the new remote in the kit has lock and unlock buttons and you can program it driver 1 or 2, for seat memory.

what info do you have saying there is a remote start 3? I'm SUPER curious

edit: of course, it's acura only at the moment. the accord remote start is currently remote start II only and does not replace your remotes.

edit: omg remote start III install is a joke! the car is prewired!

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/BII49535.pdf

I'm so jealous...it'll never work on our car in it's current state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.