Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand if this was possibly discussed but i will ask anyways i know you can use Nissan Maxima Rotors that are 12.6" in diameter and 28mm thickness for the Acura RL BBK Mod on the 8th gen accords. Could you not just use the Acura RL Rotors as well? or is it just in regards to the cheapest price you can get for the rotors so long as they still match the diameter & thickness?

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been doing a bit of research on this mod as with the addition of 19s I am adding, I do not want my calipers to look so small. While I can't confirm from experience, I can relay the information I've read. To my understanding you cannot use the RL rotors as the bolt pattern is 5x120, so you would have to have them redrilled. In that instance it would be better, cost wise, to go with the Maxima rotors due to the 5x114 pattern. I do not know how much a re-drill would be but im sure it would offset the cheaper price of the rotors if in fact there is that much of a difference. While I am all for venturing out and finding new ways to do things I would go with what's proven to work for this mod.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Just get the rotors from a 350Z with the Brembo pack. Or the part stores might refer to it as the "Competition" model or something. Not the Base, not the Touring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts