Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the transmission fluid in my '03 V6 and if your transmission is like mine, it has a hard fluid line going into the fill plug. It looked like a lot of extra work to get access to it letalone remove it. An alternative is to add fluid through the dipstick tube but it's only 1/4 inch in diameter so no regular funnel would work, and it has a guide attached to it so you can't even slip a tube over it. I made a adapter from a cap off of a windshield setting tube of uretane adhesive. The big end fits perfectly over the bottom of a regular transmission funnel, and you can cut the other end to the size you need to just fit into the dipstick tube. You still have to put some pressure down on the funnel but it didn't leak a drop.

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
You can also remove the speed sensor right next to the jet kit, where the fill plug used to be.
It has a single 10mm bolt and you unplug it, twist it a little and lift it out.

Put the funnel there and fill it up.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have used the end of a turkey baster on mine in the past.

Works well and is cheap to buy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's not that hard to remove the modified fill plug. If any thing it's easier than the 17mm bolt. Usually the bolt is so damn tight it feels like the ratchet is breaking so I use a 17mm socket on an extension with a 1/2" impact to bust it loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts