Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2013 Accord Coupe EXL V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the adaptive cruise control available on the 2014 EXL ? I dont see it in the options???

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
No, it's only available on the V6 Touring.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's only available on the Touring model.

·
2013 Accord Coupe EXL V6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too Bad only on Touring Edition

I am sure a lot of people bitched to Honda on that One

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I am sure a lot of people bitched to Honda on that One
Features like adaptive cruise control are considered by Honda to be luxury items and are available on the top of the line Accord and on the Acura models. Everyone would like to have an Accord with lots of extra features for a family sedan price.

Unlike other manufactures they offer several trim levels with those features that they can sell in the marketplace instead of offering a base model car with lots of add on packages that run up the price. The Mercedes Benz CLA is advertised at $29,900. It's a bare bones car at that price. By adding all the packages to be equivalent to an Accord EX L Sedan increases the price up to $39,000.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Avalon 40k+ tech package for Acc. Prius Five 30k + tech package for Acc.

Accord 34k Touring seems reasonable.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
A baby step towards autonomous driving. As the sensor technology improves driving on autopilot becomes a more realistic goal.

When that happens in the next ten years will traffic accidents decrease? Will traffic jams become a thing of the past? Would anyone feel comfortable monitoring your car while it drives you to work on the freeway?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I drove a Touring with ACC and it is fabulous. Worth the price of the Touring just to get it. :thmsup:
That's THE reason I went with the Touring over the V6 NAVI!! Worth every extra penny! :banana: (As I've stated, the LED headlights were a great bonus, and have become a "must have, if possible" item!! Something more, like paddle shifters or rear heated seats, in order to distinguish the trim a little more, might have been nice, but then again, would have raised the cost.)

Honda should make ACC, paddle shifters and heated rear seats a dealer-installed option--I'm sure that enough people would pay the extra $$ to make it worth their while! :yes:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Honda should make ACC, paddle shifters and heated rear seats a dealer-installed option--I'm sure that enough people would pay the extra $$ to make it worth their while! :yes:
I have no idea how adaptive cruise control, or paddle shifters, or heated rear seats could be dealer installed options. Even if it would be possible the cost would be prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A baby step towards autonomous driving. As the sensor technology improves driving on autopilot becomes a more realistic goal.

When that happens in the next ten years will traffic accidents decrease? Will traffic jams become a thing of the past? Would anyone feel comfortable monitoring your car while it drives you to work on the freeway?
To answer your last question, hell no. First of all what would be the fun of that? And second, if the car does screw up would you be able to correct it in time? Too scary for me!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I NEVER use regular cruise control. What's so great about Adaptive Cruise Control anyway?
I use my cruise control all the time (not ACC). Set it and forget it. I think ACC is an interesting bit of tech, but there have been a few problems with it reported on this forum.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
To answer your last question, hell no. First of all what would be the fun of that? And second, if the car does screw up would you be able to correct it in time? Too scary for me!
With all the sensors and computer technology the car manufacturers, such as GM, are planning on introducing it by 2020. If you are going to drive across country autonomous driving will reduce your fatigue and prevent accidents. Of course you will still be able to manually drive the car.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I NEVER use regular cruise control. What's so great about Adaptive Cruise Control anyway?
Its probably good if you do a lot of highway driving in very moderate or light traffic. It allows you to just dial it in and then you'll follow the car ahead of you and not be creeping up on them. I am a 95% suburban local driver so don't care. I see the ACC as a cool toy but I wouldn't pay much for it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Its probably good if you do a lot of highway driving in very moderate or light traffic. It allows you to just dial it in and then you'll follow the car ahead of you and not be creeping up on them. I am a 95% suburban local driver so don't care. I see the ACC as a cool toy but I wouldn't pay much for it.
It's also kind of fun on 30-45mph roads, where you'd almost never consider using conventional speed control. Sometimes I set the ACC on a back road at 35, just to let it follow cars ahead. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's also kind of fun on 30-45mph roads, where you'd almost never consider using conventional speed control. Sometimes I set the ACC on a back road at 35, just to let it follow cars ahead. :)
Agreed, it's a nice "set it and forget it". Even in highway traffic, it handles lane mergers and pace very well. Changing lanes with it on mess with it for a second or 2, but it does correct seamless. It does not negatively impact MPG.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Eventually all of these technologies will become standard equipment. I remember seeing a film from MB in about 1966 demonstrating anti-lock brakes. They had a sedan slam on the brakes on a skid pad. One run was with the ABS off and the car spun out. Another run was with the ABS on and the car went straight. Back then i never thought that i could buy a car equipped with ABS. now i own three. Today every car has ABS. ABS was in use in aircraft from the 1950s with the advent of the jet airplane. Although GM is planning autonomous driving cars by 2020, active cruise control will be standard equipment soon. Car manufacturers put the newest safety and technology stuff on their highest priced cars first and then it trickles down to the rest of us. Disk brakes, airbags, passive restraint seat belts and cruise control all trickled down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts