Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody added foam to the bottom of your seats? I have a EX-L V6 and the seats are my only complaint they are too hard. If it is possible, I would like to add some cushioning to the seat bottoms.

I also wish the passenger seat had the 10 way adjustment as the driver. That way I wouldn't need to hear my wife bitch that she is uncomfortable.

·
Elvira
3,587 Posts
adding foam to the seats may affect the operation of the seat heaters.:dunno:

I too have the ex-l and the seats eventually do "relax" after a while.

Miker

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,162 Posts
If you find the seats hard maybe you're suffering from a condition known as Diminished Gluteal Syndrome. You may want to look into a gluteal orthotic to help alleviate the pain.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Get a medical wheel chair cushions, they might be pricy but my dad used to work as a limo driver and he would get tired of sitting all day long. Then someone told him to invest in one. He said you can sit on them for days and you won't get tired and they are the most comfortable things ever created.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Seems like a huge job to me, I find the seats great but thats coming from being a 8th gen owner previously. I also agree with the passenger seat and I wished that honda could of put a little more padding in the arm rest on the doors, seems like they'll wear quickly imo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My biggest gripe with my 14 EX-L is the seat. I don't know if they are too hard or if its something else but so far, i have been unable to find a comfortable position.

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Has anybody added foam to the bottom of your seats? I have a EX-L V6 and the seats are my only complaint they are too hard. If it is possible, I would like to add some cushioning to the seat bottoms.

I also wish the passenger seat had the 10 way adjustment as the driver. That way I wouldn't need to hear my wife bitch that she is uncomfortable.
I don't know about adding foam, but I'd say your wife has a valid gripe. That passenger seat is awfully uncomfortable. It's angled too low in the front.

·
Registered
100 Posts
on the same boat as you all-- i HATE the seats. i feel like the seats are angled awkwardly and no matter how far down i put the thigh area, i feel too sunken down. causes pain in my lower back.. lumbar doesn't help either. i can't drive for more than 10 minutes before i start to feel uncomfortable.

i was thinking of upgrading to leather, but not sure if it will help. would love to find a permanent solution.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow, my perception of the seat in the '13 Sport is 180 degrees different. I'm 6'4", 240lbs, and have RA & some lower back issues, but I can dial in the driver's seat to be extremely comfortable for long periods behind the wheel.
Agree that the passenger seat comfort appears to have been overlooked by Honda somewhat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
'14 Accord seats

I've got the sinking seat problem with the 10 way adjustable leather seats on my 2014 Accord. I'm talking with a seat upholsterer to see if I can get it fixed. The seats bottom out, and have no support for your sacroiliac (tailbone) which causes huge issues. Memory foam won't work in cold weather climates, as it stiffens up. Open cell foam just flattens out. My wife also complains about the passenger seat. Interestingly enough, the back seats are flat and firm so they don't bottom out. I will let everyone know the success or lack thereof, of my visit to the seat shop. Personally I can't believe that Honda puts this poor a seat in their mainline cars, when the Acura's don't have these problems. Weird place to cut costs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wonder Gel Cushion

Has anybody tried the Wonder Gel Cushion? The 1.25 thick cushion would probably be the thickest one I could use without my head hitting the ceiling I'm 6'2".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts