Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Blinded by the light
1,758 Posts
Very cool, I considered doing this but I was (and am) afraid that my phone won't be close enough to the charger. My LG G2 is fairly long so there is a gap between the phone and the plastic tray. I'm going to buy this and run some tests with my power supply to see how this will work for me!

Good work!

· Blinded by the light
1,758 Posts
I agree the less material between the phone and the charger the better. However I love having the rubber mat. I never use to keep anything any there because it would slide or roll back and forth every time I would turn. I have 2013's as well and they didn't come with the rubber mat either. I ordered them from the dealer for $10 or $12 I think. The rubber mat definitely helps the phone stay put, it never shifts usually.
You don't have the part number, do you? I don't see it in the diagram for the 2014...

· Blinded by the light
1,758 Posts
I received my QI Charger on Saturday and set it up. I ended up soldering a micro usb cable because I had easier access to a simple 5V 3A power supply. I had to get it very close to the front of the pocket since my phones (LG G2 with built in QI) QI charging area was on the bottom of the phone. It seems to charge at a good speed. I'll have to see how well my phone works down there with Spotify running on 4G (if it disconnects to 4G or Bluetooth).

This is a great mod, I highly recommend it!

· Blinded by the light
1,758 Posts
Almost any phone can have wireless charging capabilities:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wireless-Charging-Receiver-micro-USB/dp/B00H7FJX7M

Edit: I can only assume the coils are facing towards the cubby hole? I notice the 3M sticker side but I assume you can't utilize it.
Another method is to purchase the chargers that go under the phone's cover, some have different back plates too.

http://www.mobilefun.com/44517-qi-internal-wireless-charging-adapter-for-samsung-galaxy-s5.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.