Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary goal is to add an auxiliary port to my 07' Accord EX-L V6 (w/ NAVI). Bluetooth would be a nice addition so I can use my steering wheel controls to change songs. iPod adapter isn't important since I don't own many apple products.

I am currently looking online and considering the following product: Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Accord 2003-2007 | GTA Car Kits

(the bluetooth kit for the nav stereo)

This seems like it may be on the more expensive end...

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to purchase and where?

Should I be considering an entirely different direction? Are there other better considerations such as replacing the entire stereo and nav system with a touch screen for a reasonable price?

I live in Toronto, Canada.

I apologize if I posted in the wrong area of this site as I am new here.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
999 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
I have the GTA kit and I think I would get it again. USA spec is also a trusted brand. I do not have Nav just the EX with satellite radio. I purchased mine from the GTA website.

The gta kit aux terminal can pick up noise if the phone/audio source is also charging. This might not be isolated to the GTA kit, but I don't know. Not much of a problem for me as I never use the aux, it's for passengers. The bluetooth sound quality is more than adequate for the stock sound system.

Call quality is acceptable for the recipient. I have never had any complaints but you will sound like you are using a cheap bluetooth headset. I would expect the USA spec to be about the same in this regard but I might be wrong. My Kenwood KDC-X998, in a different car, has similar call quality to the GTA car kit.

· Registered
21 Posts
They are currently out of stock on that USA Spec link.

I am curious about being able to stream music via the bluetooth. Does this product support that or do i have to use the headphone jack-connector?

Also the quality of the music when streamed via bluetooth. it is really good? or just ok? Would it be on par with new vehicles and bluetooth?

I bought a bluetooth adapter once for an older car, and it was battery powered and used the headphone jack, the sound quality was poor and it didn't cut it.

I just want to make sure the $170 is a good investment with a good return. If not, i would just make a headphone-jack connector for the phone and use that.

· Registered
102 Posts
I would say with the GTA car kit the sound quality is good/more than adequate for the stock speakers and headunit. Sounds like the few new cars bluetooth I have used. The bluetooth acts as an audio output device so at least with android every sound will go through it unless you tell it not to.

· '07 EX-L Navi 6-6 Sedan
230 Posts
I have the BT35 and it works very well. I use it primarily for hands free phone access and don't use the bluetooth streaming for music much at all (although my kids do).
To accept calls, you can either use the CH select switch on the steering wheel, or the same button on the radio console. Use the "up" or "+" side to accept the call and the "down" or "-" side to end/reject the call.

Peter

Reactions: CGumina
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.