Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about adding heated seats to my accord. Is the installation difficult, can you even add heated seats to a cloth interior, & what are some website to buy OEM heated seats.

Thanks

·
Your laughter weeps.
18 Posts
any seat can be heated, the 2010 subaru comes with heated cloth:thmsup:

I don't know of any aftermarket application, but they must exist:dunno:

·
Registered
951 Posts
I doubt it. The heating assembly isn't some sort of plug n play thing, it's probably deep in the bowels of the seat. You'd probably have to get heated leather seats, then swap out the leather for cloth, which seems kind of redundant, no?

IMO you'd really be better off selling your car and buying one with heated leather seats, the price difference is almost nothing by now, and you get leather as well.

Or you could just swap in leather seats, but then if you want everything to look in place you'd have to get all the other leather parts as well. It's been done before and is definetely possible.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Check out ebay or google " heated seat kits". They do have aftermarket kits with all the electric parts you'd need, like wiring & on/off switches, etc. I had heated seats added in when I had my leather conversion done a few years back.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The Accords in Canada have heated cloth from what I understand. Try to find out about some seats on Ebay or CL from up there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did my driver's side and I have cloth. I got them off ebay and took me about 5 hours to do. Should have been less but I was messing around. I did a post with some pictures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did my driver's side and I have cloth. I got them off ebay and took me about 5 hours to do. Should have been less but I was messing around. I did a post with some pictures.
I found your post..In your opinion do you think that it was worth it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just performed an OEM swap in my 2003. Heated seats are worth it. hands down.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
IMO you'd really be better off selling your car and buying one with heated leather seats, the price difference is almost nothing by now, and you get leather as well.

spend the time to sell as Private Party to get full resale value, then spend the time/research on finding another well-maintained Accord all for Heated Seats?

maybe if he wanted a different transmission Auto to Manual, Manual to Auto but for some heated seats seems silly

hopefully you did it when you lived some place colder. i used to live in SoCal for a long time but having come from a place w/4 True seasons, i rarely every had to even break out a hoodie all year long in SoCal :wave:

I just performed an OEM swap in my 2003. Heated seats are worth it. hands down.
couldn't agree more, one of those things you can't appreciate until you have it. my Accord was my first experience w/heated seats and i don't think i would buy another Car if they didn't have them

heat on the lower back is a good thing too

·
Honda Buff
467 Posts
I installed this Dorman seat heater kit in my wife's 2006 CR-V for Christmas last year. It does take some time do it nicely, but it is fairly straight forward if you take your time and follow the instructions. I didn't like the fuse tap that came in this kit, so I bought an add a fuse kit like this one to get power. The wife is very happy with it, so that makes me happy. :) I also have OEM seat heaters in my Accord, and this Dorman kit gets a lot hotter in high than the factory seat heaters. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but now you know. The low setting is plenty warm enough for me (in Phoenix).

Reactions: emeron

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Where can I find your post? I am currently doing this . I have an Accord Se swapping from Cloth to Leather. Also want to wire up the heated seats... Thanks in advance
That was a 10 year old post.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Where can I find your post? I am currently doing this . I have an Accord Se swapping from Cloth to Leather. Also want to wire up the heated seats... Thanks in advance
I think this is the post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts