Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Adding rear seat HVAC vents?

Tags
hvac
24K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  str8t six 
#1 ·
I've got a 2014 LX and I'm considering adding the rear seat HVAC vents located in the center console. Does anyone have links or access to the service manual? Curious what all is involved. I'm guessing a new console with vents and some duct work. At the end of the day it may not be worth the cost but its at least worth exploring...

#2 ·
#3 ·
83460-T2F-A11ZC - rear vent assembly
83461-T2F-A01ZA - rear outlet
83462-T2F-A01 - duct connecting to rear outlet
83467-T2F-A00 - connects to above duct^ (adds to LX ducts)
83466-T2F-A00 - connects to above ^ (adds to LX ducts)
83465-T2F-A00 - connects to above ^ (adds to LX ducts)

Totally possible with partial dashboard and complete center console disassembly.

#4 ·
Here are the other parts image: (#5, 6, 7 & a couple clips)

All those parts would run you about $120 + s/h. The install would be a major pain. Last thing I'd be worried about is if there are any differences with the unit itself that will mess up by installing it (Air flow rate?, Is the EX and above trim "dual zone" climate control?). Those questions are beyond my knowledge. You could probably compare part numbers to see if they are the same.

#5 ·
I assume this will work for the EX coupe too?

#6 ·
"shoulda bought an EX"

#10 ·
Not necessarily. I bought the least expensive model (LX) with the best engine (no differences regardless of trim in the case of 9th gen). Now I can add features I feel are worthwhile at a reduced cost on an ala cart basis. In my case I'll spend a few hundred dollars to get the features I'd otherwise have to spend thousands on if I bought I higher level trim.
Thanks for your helpful contribution though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
My sport has air vents under each front seat facing the rear from the factory. Pretty sure all accords do and my son has never complained about being to cold/hot in the back.

#9 ·
I have most of the set for my 8th gen to be installed on my coupe. Never got around to it. As of yet, I plan on doing so during the summer. I have had the console apart before to route Ipod connectivity in the console bin. It is not that difficult. I think from the diagrams there is a pre-formed punch-out in the center conduit to allow the add-on air conduit for routing to the back. Since I want more air routed to the console vents, I will partially plug the air being routed under the front seats. This can be done easily when I am installing the conduits through the console. This way I'll have more air up front when the console vents are closed. :eek:) I guess anyone with a coupe can just plug up the under seat air vents as a way to get more air up front on the cheap.

Also I may incorporate my auxiliary 12V power mod to the back as well, Since Honda has placed it in the console compartment not behind for peeps to use for themselves.

#12 ·
pocket fan, duct tape, 2 AA batteries. Much cheaper than that overpriced vent kit.:lmao:

#13 ·
I just added the rear vent to my 2014 lx. Took 8 hours and $160 in parts, as i got stuck and put it all back and redo on second day. If you do it right it should take 2-4 hours

The lx doesnt have spot to blow vent in the middle like ex-l for part #5,picture above, to attach to. I have to cut the hole from two middle front vent, put in 60-90 degree 1.5 inch pvc pipe and wiggle adaptor to run down ex-l part #6 with duct tape. You can get them in homedepot. I end up not using part #5 above.

It works great and im not loosing any ac/air infront as they were too cold for me anyway. Get really cool air in the back and now the kids very happy

This is a very difficult project for me as i have to remove the radio, all the front console, middle console, ect to be able to run pvc pipe and adaptor down part #6. Make sure you wear protective glove when running pvc pipe down or you will get cuts all over hand and arms.

Good luck for those that take this project on.

#16 ·
Does anyone know if this will work with a manual transmission or do the lower ducts go through where the shifter assembly is located?

Can someone post a picture of the ducts assembled with all the trim out?

#17 ·
it will work with a manual as the EX manual has the rear vents. but as kelvinphan said duct Number 5 actually attaches to the heater/blower core. and looking at the part numbers and this ebay listing for an lx heater core the duct hole is not there. so we would have to fabricate a hole like what kelvinphan did to make it work.

Carlo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.