Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am going to replace compressor, condenser and drier on my car and had couple of questions regarding sequence and adding oil to components. I would greatly appreciate if you guys can help me out with.

1). I know that I need to add PAG 46 oil to the components that I am replacing (i.e. condense, drier, and compressor) and I know the amount. Do I add the oil through any opening in these components or are there only specific locations to add oil to? For instance, in condenser and drier, do I add oil to the refrigerant lines entry points? How about compressor? Any specific ports to add oil to?

2). I know that drier needs to be replaced if the system has been open. Should it be the last component to be replaced? Or can I replace condenser and drier at the same time and replace compressor couple of days later?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The oil is added to the compressor line fittings if its being changed. Just a heads up, the new compressor may already have oil in it.

After changing the compressor and condenser, I would pull a vacuum on the system with the old dryer still in place and see if there are any leaks in the system. If it holds vacuum then replace the dryer and pull the vacuum again to remove air and moisture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts